2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ugh, I love it when the Creightons of the world are good. Lost two of their best players this offseason.
Just as an aside, one of the very best HS players ever to come out of Miami went to Creighton and starred there. He went there because Southern teams (UM was still one one of them iirc) were still pretty much segregated when he graduated HS in 1968.

Talking about Cyril Baptiste from Archbishop Curley HS who at 6'9, 230 was a major force in the middle. Averaged 20 ppg at Creighton and did It all there. Reminded people of future NBA great Paul Silas when he had played for the Blue Jays a few years earlier. All the more amazing, he played his last couple years at Creighton as a heroin addict. HIs coach, Eddie Sutton, suspected but ... Cyril was never caught out. Sad life that ended too early at 56.

Not assuming we get Dingle. But if we somehow do, a lot of guy are getting minutes cut. That would be an 11 man rotation which could grow to 12 with Favour.

Pack/Benz
Dingle/George or Poplar/Jakai
Poplar/George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko/(Aire)

Guys like George, Watson and Jakai would probably be affected the most. Not saying it’s a bad thing, just stating facts.

On the latest 560 interview L didn’t even mention Jakai when discussing next year’s impact new players (he did mention Watson and George).

Without any other transfers I see the lineup as

Pack/Benz
Poplar/Jakai
George or Watson
Cleveland/Casey
Omier/Nwoko (Aire)

That assumes everyone stays healthy. We've been pretty lucky health wise the last 2 years, but I wouldn't count on that continuing. I think we need at least 11, if not 12, just in case. If a couple of guys at the bottom of the roster transfer out at the end of the year, so be it.

Advertisement
That assumes everyone stays healthy. We've been pretty lucky health wise the last 2 years, but I wouldn't count on that continuing. I think we need at least 11, if not 12, just in case. If a couple of guys at the bottom of the roster transfer out at the end of the year, so be it.
We should be good Mario isnt running the bball practices, thank gawd

PG - Pack/Joseph
SG - Dingle?/Robinson/George
SF - Poplar/Watson
PF - Cleveland/Casey
C - Omier/Lubin?/Nwoko

That's just my guess at what the depth chart would look like by the start of the season. I haven't really done any research on Dingle though. The stats would say he'd be an excellent pickup, but we've got 4 legit options in the starting 5 without him. Getting Cleveland was huge.

PG - Pack/Joseph
SF - Poplar/Watson
PF - Cleveland/Casey
C - Omier/Lubin?/Nwoko

That's just my guess at what the depth chart would look like by the start of the season. I haven't really done any research on Dingle though. The stats would say he'd be an excellent pickup, but we've got 4 legit options in the starting 5 without him. Getting Cleveland was huge.

PG position is still shaky early on

Advertisement
Lets say we get Dingle or even 1 more fairly "high profile" transfer. Not a stud but even a great 6th/7th man

Then everyone comes back and the young guys all take a step forward even just a small one.

Will it be the highest expectation going into a season a Miami team has ever had? Coming off back-to-back years of what we have done. Awards, players returning, and some good young guys. We likely end up a preseason top 10

Last year we were preseason #4 w/2 first-place votes in the ACC and unranked nationally. Duke will be the national darling again next year. But then we likely are right behind them.

Advertisement
PG - Pack/Joseph
SF - Poplar/Watson
PF - Cleveland/Casey
C - Omier/Lubin?/Nwoko

Unless we get a 2, Poplar will slide in to that role. Can’t see Jakai as the starter

If George is a good as advertised, he should start at the 3.

I could see this lineup on the floor to give Wooga a rest (let alone it’s an interesting one)

Pack
George
Cleveland
Omier
Nwoko

That’s significantly taller than we usually play

Advertisement
Back