2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Draft express is now hyping up Pack, he really might end up entering the draft.
Screenshot_20230507_162633_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we only add one more guy. That guy possibly being Lubin. As crazy as it sounds, Cleveland is a guard, and will be a "ballhandler" in our system. We really run a lineup where ideally 3 guys can handle the ball, regardless of size(Pack, Wong, Miller), then you can have a "shooter/off ball guy"(Wooga), and a big(Omier). We lose out on two ballhandlers in Wong and Miller, but we bring in two more in George and Cleveland. Between Wooga/Jakai/Watson/Casey you hope that one can be a ballhandler and the others are good enough to fill that "shooter/off ball guy". I am putting Casey in this category just because his game is not being a true big in our system, he's not a good enough rebounder or finisher at his size to be a big in ACC play. Then for bigs, the depth would ideally be Omier-Lubin?-Nwoko. If Omier leaves Lubin is a must, but if Omier stays I can't see him coming tbh. I still think we need a third big after Omier-Nwoko but it would be a harder sell to a guy wanting more PT.

To summarize:
Ballhandlers- "Pack, Joseph, Cleveland, George, Jakai/Wooga?"
Shooter/Offball- "Wooga, Jakai, Watson, Casey"
Big- "Omier-Nwoko-Third Big"

Advertisement
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we only add one more guy. That guy possibly being Lubin. As crazy as it sounds, Cleveland is a guard, and will be a "ballhandler" in our system. We really run a lineup where ideally 3 guys can handle the ball, regardless of size(Pack, Wong, Miller), then you can have a "shooter/off ball guy"(Wooga), and a big(Omier). We lose out on two ballhandlers in Wong and Miller, but we bring in two more in George and Cleveland. Between Wooga/Jakai/Watson/Casey you hope that one can be a ballhandler and the others are good enough to fill that "shooter/off ball guy". I am putting Casey in this category just because his game is not being a true big in our system, he's not a good enough rebounder or finisher at his size to be a big in ACC play. Then for bigs, the depth would ideally be Omier-Lubin?-Nwoko. If Omier leaves Lubin is a must, but if Omier stays I can't see him coming tbh. I still think we need a third big after Omier-Nwoko but it would be a harder sell to a guy wanting more PT.

To summarize:
Ballhandlers- "Pack, Joseph, Cleveland, George, Jakai/Wooga?"
Shooter/Offball- "Wooga, Jakai, Watson, Casey"
Big- "Omier-Nwoko-Third Big"

Pack is a reluctant ball handler..

Regarding George, what is the buzz from those plugged in? He looks incredibly mature in the interview I saw - probably speaks 3 languages fluently. He is 19 or 20, so not freshman aged. And his highlights are really impressive. Big tall guard with a great handle and Pack like range. What is the competition level in his league? Same as Victor W (doubtful)?

Advertisement
Back