2024 Transfer Portal

I like our returning players, but we need a really good portal grab.

We just lost 2 of the best players in ACC.
That’s the best option. But if we don’t get a starter, it’s not the end of the world. Unless none of the guys we have get better, then it will be. No matter what happens all of our questions won’t be answered until conference play.

Advertisement
Beran coming here is more likely than Cleland coming here

There are names on the list but not on this thread as others have pointed out

We've got some young guns like Jakai that are going to turn some heads next year

I'm not concerned one bit

That’s the best option. But if we don’t get a starter, it’s not the end of the world. Unless none of the guys we have get better, then it will be. No matter what happens all of our questions won’t be answered until conference play.
Not sure how you could not be concerned one bit after losing both Wong and Jordan Miller. I am definitely concerned but waiting to see who miami can land in portal transfers.

Not sure how you could not be concerned one bit after losing both Wong and Jordan Miller. I am definitely concerned but waiting to see who miami can land in portal transfers.
I never said the loss of the the two most valuable players in the league didn’t hurt. I’m saying the answer could already be on the roster. Omier and Pack helped out tremendously, but ultimately it was Wong, Miller and Wooga taking that next step that propelled this team to the Final Four.
I would’ve bet a ton of money this years team wouldn’t be as good as last years, bc Wong was so up and down, Miller hadn’t been a true offensive weapon and Wooga wasn’t very good. If that can change, I wouldn’t bet against it happening with other guys.

Yes we do need more bodies and to get Omier help. But the fact is nobody will know how good this team is until conference play. We aren’t in panic time and approaching missing out on the tourney is all I’m saying.

Because guys develop. Wooga looked unplayable in 2022, and now is considered a borderline first rounder going into 2024.

Can Casey and Watson take similar jumps next year? They didn't look any worse than Wooga did as freshmen.

Despite already being very good, I think Omier has another level left to reach - like Wong and Miller did this season. I think Pack has a chance to reach his KSU numbers in his 2nd year in the program. Joseph may be the favorite for ACC 6th man of the year next year.

This team has a lot of talent coming back, with or without any portal additions. (Although I think we'll add a starter.)

Advertisement
Because guys develop. Wooga looked unplayable in 2022, and now is considered a borderline first rounder going into 2024.

Can Casey and Watson take similar jumps next year? They didn't look any worse than Wooga did as freshmen.

Despite already being very good, I think Omier has another level left to reach - like Wong and Miller did this season. I think Pack has a chance to reach his KSU numbers in his 2nd year in the program. Joseph may be the favorite for ACC 6th man of the year next year.

This team has a lot of talent coming back, with or without any portal additions. (Although I think we'll add a starter.)
Casey, Watson and Jakai are all going to have great roles next year

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he is Walker's replacement, it's an obvious upgrade. If he is Miller's replacement, it's a big letdown. Going to assume the former for now. I like the add, perfect type of player to get from the portal that is an obvious team fit.
I said this in another thread (or maybe it was this thread a few pages back), but I think we’re all too focused on this “replacement” aspect. Each team each year is unique. It’s likely we won’t find someone as good as Miller in the portal. That doesn’t mean that other guys can’t step up and this team can’t be very good again.

posted this last week but I’ll say it again

I don’t look at anybody they pick up as a 1-for-1 swap for Miller, Wong, Beverly, or Walker. Just love this get as a stretch player and fit

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. The player probably wants to learn from Picasso than from paint by numbers (who remembers those masterpieces)?

Advertisement

I am thinking this George kid from Europe is probably going to start and replace Miller's role. He is already competing professionally in
Europe so ready to compete in D1.

Advertisement
Back