2024 Transfer Portal

I’m beginning to get concerned. Should still be a tournament team but was hoping to see more aggression in portal but there’s still time and can only go off what the media is reporting so who knows.

Not seeing much movement on a big time guard is my biggest question

Advertisement
I’m beginning to get concerned. Should still be a tournament team but was hoping to see more aggression in portal but there’s still time and can only go off what the media is reporting so who knows.

Season ended not even 3 weeks ago but carry on

Advertisement
And summer workouts will start in another 3 or so

The season ending 3 weeks ago has nothing to do with what’s been reported target wise in the media. Like I said in my original post we don’t know how the true board looks like just going off of the reported targets.

Last edited:

1682097489273.gif

Advertisement

No need to be concerned yet. Hart hasn't made it official yet, Cleveland is still there, Estrada, Raequan Battle, the guard from USC. Still plenty of skill players. If you had said, no real back to the basket bigs besides Omier, THEN this would be more valid of a statement. That said, L doesn't like traditional centers like that for some reason. Until those four or five kids are elsewhere that I listed, I say let's see it play out.

I think the first key was getting a quality freshman to come in and provide depth and a bright future and we got that in George. If the end of May comes around and we still haven't found 2 transfers that can contribute at near the level of Wong and Miller I will be concerned.

No need to be concerned yet. Hart hasn't made it official yet, Cleveland is still there, Estrada, Raequan Battle, the guard from USC. Still plenty of skill players. If you had said, no real back to the basket bigs besides Omier, THEN this would be more valid of a statement. That said, L doesn't like traditional centers like that for some reason. Until those four or five kids are elsewhere that I listed, I say let's see it play out.

How do you know that? L has been here for 10+ years, and we've had plenty of traditional centers.

Advertisement
Last year we got the portals #4 rated Nigel Pack and #30 rated Norchad Omier. Right now we're not favorites for even one top 30 player accept Cleveland and 16 have already committed.

So you can tell us its 4 weeks next week and 5 and so on . We just don't want to see the all the top kids end up someplace else.

Last year we got the portals #4 rated Nigel Pack and #30 rated Norchad Omier. Right now we're not favorites for even one top 30 player accept Cleveland and 16 have already committed.

So you can tell us its 4 weeks next week and 5 and so on . We just don't want to see the all the top kids end up someplace else.
There's going to be more players to hit the portal. There's also the two high school guys who opted out of their LOI's who could be options.

Pack and Omier committed on April 23rd and 26th respectively. So while there might be this feeling of all the good players evaporating, the guys you mentioned hadn't chosen Miami by this point last year. A potential future NBA first rounder just signed on and we didn't even know he existed 3 days ago. I imagine L and staff is moving in similar silence with the transfer portal.

Advertisement
Pack and Omier committed on April 23rd and 26th respectively. So while there might be this feeling of all the good players evaporating, the guys you mentioned hadn't chosen Miami by this point last year. A potential future NBA first rounder just signed on and we didn't even know he existed 3 days ago. I imagine L and staff is moving in similar silence with the transfer portal.
We hope both new kids are the goods.

In any event a lot of the top players are coming off the board.

How do you know that? L has been here for 10+ years, and we've had plenty of traditional centers.
I'm talking modern times. Obviously, he has had Kadjii and Jekiri, etc., during his tenure. But he seems to prefer the small ball approach now. I mean we have 6'7 center. And I love Omier, don't get me wrong. But we have made no real attempts to get a prototypical center in terms of post play and size this cycle. Which is fine, if L believes he can without it, which he has.

Jordan Miller was not one of the "top kids", committed late, and is one of the all-time great Canes. This isn't football. You don't need a roster full of blue chip guys. You need some blue chip guys, but experience and fit go a long ways in college basketball.

Gotta trust the coaching staff on this.

Advertisement
Back