2024 Transfer Portal

Advertisement
BTW McLeod may not winning any scoring titles but in high school he could use both hands pretty well. Had a little 5-8 ft jumper if forced out there as well. and was very good about not bringing the ball down on offensive rebounds. We likely wont pursue but he would be an interesting rotation piece esp when we need some extra size and a guy who can block and alter shots.

Advertisement
Walker and Brown will both be in the league for a long time. I think the shift in college with lots of guys coming back that would normally go pro serves those guys well long term.

Advertisement

Steve Settle III

This one would be pretty interesting IMO; Legit 6’10 aggressive attacker of the basket, versatile acrobatic finisher with both hands, is a good shot blocker & rebounder, natural scorer & good active defender.

Had some good games against good comp
- 13pt 3reb 2stl & 1 block vs Kansas in the Tournament
- 14pt 12reb 2ast 2blks & 2stls vs FIU
- 18pt 9reb & 3stl vs VCU
- 14pt 8reb 2stl & 1blk vs Wyoming
- 15pt 5reb 5ast & 1stl vs George Washington (Caputo’s squad)
- 8pt 6reb & 2stls vs Kentucky

I don’t think we’d have any interest in him, but I’d be intrigued to see what he can do in a system like ours.

When we played FSU at Tucker this season Omier bullied McLeod despite being 9 inches shorter than him.

He may be super tall, but he’s also super weak & has bad interior footwork coordination.
I was at that game and it was hard not to watch his every move when he was on the court. He did seem awkward most of the time, and if I recall his FTs were awful.

Advertisement
I think Brown will give him a run for his money. Salmons put up stats on bad teams. Brown has been a key rotation player on good teams.
Think you're right about Brown. It'll be nice one day for a UM Coach in the futute to be able to cite a couple "household names" of great Canes in the NBA. Right now, it's Rick Barry, from my day at UM In the mid-60s, and that's it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Am I right in thinking that no UM player since 1985 had a longer, more productive NBA career than Salmons?
James Jones had a really long career as well. Played in the NBA from 03-17 but not sure I'd say he had as productive of a career as Salmons

Advertisement
Back