2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
As good as this class is, it’s missing a big and general size that we desperately need.
Don't discount Nwoko. He's starting to round into a playable player and the biggest jump for players is usually from year 1 to year 2. He doesn't need to be world beater. He's just got to be strong enough to not get pushed out of the paint, tall enough to make a big man have to shoot over him, rebound and basic inside scoring.

And obviously don't foul too much.

Advertisement
Don't discount Nwoko. He's starting to round into a playable player and the biggest jump for players is usually from year 1 to year 2. He doesn't need to be world beater. He's just got to be strong enough to not get pushed out of the paint, tall enough to make a big man have to shoot over him, rebound and basic inside scoring.

And obviously don't foul too much.
Actually, for raw big men, that jump often comes between Year 2 and 3. If L can bring in a one year Grad Transfer big man for the upcoming season, I could see Nwoko becoming a force over time.

He should win ACC Freshman of the year if Coach L is willing to play him but that would cut into the 30+ minutes of Bensley Joseph.

Advertisement
Hold up, there's a basketball academy called Prestige Worldwide???!!!!

step brothers GIF

Advertisement
Watching the DMoney daily pod and they’re showing some of his highlights, not a comment on his talent but he looks like he’s playing middle schoolers lol
Thus why they haven’t offered. Level of competition is a bit suspect

Maybe a 2024 kid? not sure

Kid spent a few years playing HS ball here in the 305. Nice kid, but not even close to being an ACC prospect. Would be a worse signing than Gak and it's not even close. Nothing to see here. Let's please move on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
My nephew Jalen Blackmon will be at UM next weekend for an OV. He played at Stetson last season and scored 20/game.
Great 3 level scorer.

This would be a 1 year grad transfer
Your other nephew James was a great hooper at IU when I was there. Would be a major get. First Team All A-Sun on a team that won their league.

Your other nephew James was a great hooper at IU when I was there. Would be a major get. First Team All A-Sun on a team that won their league.
I appreciate this. I don’t think we ever discussed that you know James from his IU days but I will pass on your comment to James.
Unfortunately injuries have robbed James of a once promising basketball life. 2 years ago while playing in Turkey he suffered his 3rd ACL.

I will update the Board on how he likes the visit. His dad and James will be on the visit with Jalen.

I appreciate this. I don’t think we ever discussed that you know James from his IU days but I will pass on your comment to James.
Unfortunately injuries have robbed James of a once promising basketball life. 2 years ago while playing in Turkey he suffered his 3rd ACL.

I will update the Board on how he likes the visit. His dad and James will be on the visit with Jalen.
Appreciate it man!

Advertisement
Back