2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Marcus is at the top of a very good 2024 class in South Florida. He's a high major prospect with a ton of potential. Obviously he needs to continue developing but already drawing interest from a few P5 schools. Norland has 1-2 more freshmen who may have a chance to develop into D1 prospects as well. The 2024 class in South Florida has some studs. Keep an eye on Jordan Kee out of Broward County. Kid reminds me of Steph Curry.

Advertisement

Marcus Allen (Norland/Miami Gardens, FL/LAB 17U) 6-6 F 2024:
We spent most of our time tracking younger players at the Fantastic 40 and Allen stood out as one of the best long term prospects. He’s already a physical specimen and this terrific athlete can really get after it on the wing, whether it’s defending or slashing to the basket. For a player with only one year of high school ball under his belt, Allen already possesses solid skill, including a nice step-through move and the ability to create space in tight quarters. His Norland teammate, Clarence Burts, is a 6-foot-3 2024 prospect who also turned heads among scouts. Burts is more of a lead guard type and with him and Allen, the future is bright for both Norland and LAB 17U.

Jamar Franklin (Rockledge, FL/Team Speights 17U) 6-4 G 2022:
This club had plenty of standout 2022s who should see their recruitment take off this summer, but we highlight this combo guard. Franklin is a terrific athlete and a skilled scorer who went over 20 points on multiple occasions at the Fantastic 40. Jaylen Jordon, a 6-foot-7 forward out of Hilliard (FL), and Derrick Mitchell, a 6-foot-5 wing out of Tampa Catholic (FL), also had strong weekends. Jordan is a strong lefty who converts a ton of baskets by the rim using his motor and strong frame, while Mitchell attacks the rim with a vengeance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Marcus looked like a future superstar this past weekend up at the E1T1 Invitational. Had his complete repertoire on full display. Scoring from long range, 2nd level and at the rim. Also showed a lot of toughness on the defensive end. I expect his stock to rise nationally by the end of the summer. No question in my mind he'll be a high major signee when it's all said and done.

Advertisement
Back