2024 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like the state of Florida is loaded with talent. I have seen some of these prospects play, and I would have to agree that we have some great players coming up. The Canes should have plenty to choose from IF they decide to recruit them

Advertisement

3 kids from FL are in the top ten.
The current coaching staff should go ahead and offer them now since this seems to be a tournament team.

Derik Queen is not a Florida kid. He transferred to Montverde this year, but he's from Baltimore, which means this staff will be all over him because he's from the DMV area. LOL!!! All joking aside, Miami should be on him. Kid has good size and I didn't see a more skilled big man last spring/summer in the post. Only question I have is his weight. If he can keep that down, he has a chance to be a lottery pick someday.

I've only seen Jones play once and he was super impressive, but that was when he was still in 8th grade. Looking forward to seeing his development and watching him play this spring/summer on the circuit. Many talent evaluators think he's hands down the top FL prospect in this class with pro potential written all over him.

Karter Knox is another uber talented prospect, who Miami should be all over right now. Does everything well. Can score from all 3 levels. Probably the most skilled 2024 G in Florida. There are some who think he'll end up being better than his brother Kevin (playing with Atlanta Hawks).

A player that wasn't included in the top 20 is Marcus Allen, who has already been offered by Miami. Is one of the more versatile players in the country. Can play and defend positions 1-4. Only thing I can imagine that's keeping him from being included in the top 20 is consistency.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back