2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua 2.0

I don’t see him ending up at aTm. If there’s a flip down the road, I think Ahfua is it.
I'm not gonna say yes or no but I will say recruiting is far from over....Until athletes sign on the dotted line anything can happen.... We play good ball this coming season we'll see flips happen that we'll be happy about...

Advertisement
This is a let’s wait until December and see how both teams finished on the field vibe.

Miami will be in the mix till the ink dries on the fax machine.

The U polos…….hey uncle, we love you and all but this is business.

No way they were trolling.

What are the TAMU fans saying?
So odd. I went through their 247 board. There are multiple threads about this kid and his commitment but each has only a few comments. I saw one mention of the father wearing the Miami shirt /pin. The entire commitment didnt seem to make much of a wave there.

I say we beat them, and we flip him…

Who’s coming with me!?!?!?!
Renee Zellweger Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Advertisement
In my opinion, both Isendre's parents wearing the U on them during his commitment was just a sign of respect for Coach Cristobal. Even though it didn't go Coach Cristobal's way, he has had a 3 to 4 year relationship with this Samoan family.

Signed,

Peruche

Advertisement
Guys... It was a UM PIN, not shirt .... Not saying that changes anything but just stating for correction.

And 2nd.... If it wasn't a troll and the parents were doing it to show their displeasure in his decision, I **** sure couldn't tell by how excited the father reacted once the decision was made. Dude jumped out his seat, throwing both thumbs up trying to pump up the crowd.

I guess I must have been watching a different recruit announce because I didn't see "disappointment" or "displeasure" from either parent.

Then it should be family over $everything$. I don’t like it- miss me with that UM t shirt love crap.
They probably made a business decision and took the bag, but I have a hard time believing they were trolling Mario and staff. The Samoans that I grew up with treated me like family, so I’ve got nothing but respect for their family values and culture. I’m leaning toward respect, and if he reconsiders later, we’ll probably have a good chance at a flip.

Call me weird or out of touch or whatever, but the last thing my wife and I would do if our son was choosing between a few colleges, is wear clothing from one school, KNOWING my son is going to pick another.

I don't understand how that is respectful. Perhaps I have been living under a rock, am not enlightened, etc., but it makes zero sense and is absolutely strange.

Please educate me on how this is respectful...

Advertisement
Kind of reminds me of David Iuli's recruitment. Except he committed to Miami and then flipped to Oregon even though family wanted Miami.
He never committed publicly but some thought he was a silent. His whole family talked up Miami and the staff but it was just too far away. His brother even posted a thank you to the Miami staff after his brother picked Oregon. Seems like this was similar except it wasn't the distance but the bag A&M offered.

Advertisement
Call me weird or out of touch or whatever, but the last thing my wife and I would do if our son was choosing between a few colleges, is wear clothing from one school, KNOWING my son is going to pick another.

I don't understand how that is respectful. Perhaps I have been living under a rock, am not enlightened, etc., but it makes zero sense and is absolutely strange.

The older generation of Samoans are all about faith and family. If Mario is family, they pay their respects to their elder. I don’t know what their process was for the commitment decision but Samoans are loyal people. I take it as a sign of respect to Mario and Mirabal who the family has probably known for a few years now. Trolling would be so disrespectful. If the parents are a bit traditional, I can’t see that happening.

You’re weird out of touch and whatever.

You’re unenlightened and perhaps have been living under a rock….

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

As a parent, my oldest starts at UF in just a few. I can be ****y, wear my gear moving him in all that. He worked his *** off, I wanted Miami oh so much. The economics didn't work out. I've had this talk with my youngest already. It's your choice, don't embarrass me or yourself. I have been bringing them to games since they were old enough. Both my son's said it was weird. Landon Collins weird.

It's not respectful.... They were trolling and our fan base doesn't want to believe it.

Advertisement
Back