2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua 2.0

Advertisement
I lived in Hawaii for 12 years and knew quite a few, which is why I don't think they were silently signaling they wanted him to go to UM. Seems unlikely they would try to ruin his big day with a shirt controversy. Nor do I think they were trolling UM. My best guess is they just put on the shirts because they are nice shirts and the possibility that it would send a message didn't cross their minds. Wasn't anything nefarious about it.

I like @RVACane 's views on him being a flip candidate down the road.

So your son has been recruited by a football coach for 3-4 years. He’s had literally hundreds of conversations with you and your son. That football coach coaches at the University of Miami. Your son is committing to a school today, and it’s going to be one of Miami, A&M, or Utah. And you and your wife BOTH decide, hey, these are nice shirts, let’s wear them to our son’s commitment ceremony. Totally random and with zero thought. Just what was at the top of the drawer this morning.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So your son has been recruited by a football coach for 3-4 years. He’s had literally hundreds of conversations with you and your son. That football coach coaches at the University of Miami. Your son is committing to a school today, and it’s going to be one of Miami, A&M, or Utah. And you and your wife BOTH decide, hey, these are nice shirts, let’s wear them to our son’s commitment ceremony. Totally random and with zero thought. Just what was at the top of the drawer this morning.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maybe all their “University of” Texas A&M shirts were dirty? Hadn’t arrived yet? Didn’t match their slippers?

It’s silly season man…

We are hearing all angles right now..

Advertisement
I’ll never tell someone how to parent but if u know the pick isn’t miami why show up in miami gear lol kinda throws a wrench in your kids moment.
Imagine if he picked us but the parents were wearing 8-4 gear? We would be hella confused and worried. Wonder what the 8-4 boards were saying about this?

Were they wearing UM Shirts or pins?

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
The parents purposely wore the UM shirts.

Did they where it to troll us, or to express displeasure with Isendre's decision?

Can't say for sure, but I'm going with the latter.

Regardless, it's very weird.

Advertisement
Looked like pins to me
Right so that’s a big difference the. A big shirt. Maybe they were sending a message or just showing our staff respect in their own way? I’m trying to think about it in a way that’s different culturally from what most of us are used to because trolling makes no sense and in thinking about it since the initial reports I heard - which were that the family was in Miami shirts - I’m chalking it up to culture and other hidden meanings

Advertisement
Back