2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua 2.0

To expect to sign arguably the top interior OL nationally that is from Washington State is unrealistic IMO, but our insiders kept telling the fanbase we were in such a good spot with Ahfua that is why you get the reaction.

Had they came on early this spring, and said Miami is in top group, were chopping wood, etc..they made it sound like Miami was firmly in the top spot for months and months.
I agree with your insider comment and you’re right, follow the visits.

I disagree on the bolder part though. Why is it unrealistic for us but it’s not unrealistic for 8&4?

Mario and his minion Mirabal are known good to possibly great OLine coaches. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to sign top O Line prospects anywhere in the country. We proved we could do it last year.

Advertisement
It's obvious it's Ruiz. We have other boosters but they obviously aren't putting up the type of money Ruiz did. Say what you will about him acting like a clown on Twitter and running his mouth but he actually backed up his talk with $$$. Now apparently we are balling on a budget. If you're not overpaying, you better not be 5-7.
if he wasn't a[n alleged] fraud, we wouldn't have the lack of ruiz funds lol. he could act a fool but the money didnt stop bc he acted like a fool. the money stopped bc his business is a[n alleged] fraud

Maude Edit Explained: A wizard lawyer should know better. Chill with the unqualified statements of fact. Nothing has been proven one way or the other. All we know is he's being investigated by the US Attorneys' Office and the SEC. I don't believe he's been formally charged... at least not yet.

1691522635391.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We signed two top 5 OT just last year. Neither were originally from FL. Also got one of the best DE from Washington State last year. In addition, our HC is a former Offensive Lineman. This wasn't unrealistic at all. Stop making excuses along with that ******* 5-7 record excuse in the other thread and just call it what it is.
They all 3 had relocated to Florida for last year of high school. If it weren't for Mario none of the 3 would be here. But step back, and ask yourself in the past 20 years plus, there is an interior OL prospect from Washington, would you think we'd have any chanc?
It's not excuses

Samson was from the NE, Miami has a strong presence in the NE area.

I'm also not disagreeing with us not offering Ahfua what we offered Samson and Francis.

I don't think we did at all

If we’re not paying, I’m not criticizing Mario on recruiting beyond 5-7 last year not being helpful. The gator won 6 games. Our 5-7 was way worse but they are funding NIL and it’s showing on the trail. I think it’s almost as simple as that.
Thats my stance on it. Long lasting relationships just evaporated like that. Someone is lying to D$ about what we got for players. Just my opinion. Its not fine and not all these players are extorting schools we are losing out on market value recruits

Advertisement
once this guy signs with ATM
how does this reflect on Joe who sucks at recruiting his own group and was here due to poly connection
he would have signed the 2 maiguoa bros
and some jag whos claim to fame is squating alot which got the fans creaming on here
are those 3 enough to outweigh the misses?

once this guy signs with ATM
how does this reflect on Joe who sucks at recruiting his own group and was here due to poly connection
he would have signed the 2 maiguoa bros
and some jag whos claim to fame is squating alot which got the fans creaming on here
are those 3 enough to outweigh the misses?
We have bigger problems than that if we’re losing this guy to aTm given everything.

Tamu is a going to be a very, very volatile situation if we can beat them…I can see this team being high variance but with the off-field stuff, the egos of Jimbo/Petrino together, and other locker room rumors I've heard. That can go south quick.

Then again talent does forgive a lot of sins and Jimbo and bags have stacked it…So this can go either way.

My point is, it wouldn't surprise me if Ahfua/breland, etc cycle back around after a couple losses.

Advertisement
But the top OL from Washington State, a Polynesian kid, is going to Texas Station???

Just something is off and money is part of it.

We all know this, but whatever we offer, they can double it if they want to. If it's a money battle with them every time, they'll win. Poly has nothing to do with it as Poly kids go all over the place. We certainly haven't been a destination for them ever besides the occasional outlier.

I agree with your insider comment and you’re right, follow the visits.

I disagree on the bolder part though. Why is it unrealistic for us but it’s not unrealistic for 8&4?

Mario and his minion Mirabal are known good to possibly great OLine coaches. I don’t think it’s unrealistic to sign top O Line prospects anywhere in the country. We proved we could do it last year.
It’s not unrealistic at all. Just look at last season. Location doesn’t matter we landed tons of guys that would have been “unrealistic” to a ****** recruiting staff.

People making the “distance” excuse are full of it imo

You don’t cite distance and then still go to a school outside your home area. It’s nonsense

To expect to sign arguably the top interior OL nationally that is from Washington State is unrealistic IMO, but our insiders kept telling the fanbase we were in such a good spot with Ahfua that is why you get the reaction.

Had they came on early this spring, and said Miami is in top group, were chopping wood, etc..they made it sound like Miami was firmly in the top spot for months and months.

Yet a school that takes just as long to get there (ATM) from Seattle as it does from Seattle to Miami can sign him?

Advertisement
We all know this, but whatever we offer, they can double it if they want to. If it's a money battle with them every time, they'll win. Poly has nothing to do with it as Poly kids go all over the place. We certainly haven't been a destination for them ever besides the occasional outlier.
It’s bull****. He can go from Seattle to Texas Station but not Miami? It’s money. We’re not getting to where we need to be on that end.

Advertisement
Can’t he just be saying A&M for leverage with us?

Seems fishy that he’d leave us like this unless A&M is just offering way more than we are and we won’t get close to matching it

It's actually longer with the layover in Dallas doing a quick google search. It's all about NIL dollars. The Poly connection also means little here if A&M is the choice.

You're right. Regardless if you layover or rent a car and drive to College Station, it's still longer than Seattle>Miami direct flight.

Problem is this has mostly been the story of this recruiting cycle. UM won't "overpay" (whatever that means).

Yep, last thing you want to be is in a bidding war with ATM or Texas. We're about to go 0-10 (arguably more) the last couple years, head to head.

Advertisement
Back