2024 2024 DL T.A. Cunningham

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a dude man! Love it!
200.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement

Los Alamitos (Cali) Top247 defensive lineman T.A. Cunningham was back in South Florida over the weekend to give Miami a second look this spring and the Hurricanes didn’t disappoint on Friday night during the spring game.

“I saw a lot of intensity on both sides of the ball, but if I’m being honest, I feel like it was a little more on defense than it was on offense and that’s something I really like to see. Seeing those guys get after it, the passion was definitely there. You can tell these boys really care about the game that they’re playing and that’s really important for me to see,” Cunningham told InsideTheU after the scrimmage.

There were a lot of programs going through their spring game this weekend, including two other contenders for Cunningham in Texas A&M and Penn State. It’s telling that he wanted to be back at Miami.

“Really, I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a fluke the first time I seen it. It’s not. Like I said before, just intensity every play, every down. Whether it was a blitz or a base formation, every time those boys snapped the ball they were trying to eat. That was really important for me to see,” Cunningham said.

Overall, Miami is a program that’s standing out at this stage of the process for the Peach State native who played his junior season on the west coast.

“I love it. It’s definitely a place I can see myself at. My recruitment is still open though. They’re definitely somebody I’m interested in,” Cunningham said.

LSU is another school Cunningham is interested in at this stage of the process.

At 6-foot-5, 265-pounder is considered the No. 65 overall prospect in the country and the No. 10 defensive lineman, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Advertisement

A South Florida powerhouse and four-time reigning state champion, Miami Central is constantly reloading. This off-season, the Rockets added 2025 five-star defensive lineman Armondo Blount, the No. 4 overall player in the class, amongst a number of moves to defend their long title streak.

As of this week, 95th street is also home to a pair of national recruits in Top247 defensive lineman T.A. Cunningham and 2025 Top247 quarterback Bekkem Kritza. Kritza is a California native who played his sophomore season at Rancho Santa Margarita Catholic, and Cunningham is a product of the Peach State who played at Los Alamitos (Cali.) last fall.

“I’m very excited just to get down there and be able to work, form those bonds with my team and my coaches,” Cunningham told 247Sports on Wednesday evening. “I look really forward to working.”

“I’ve learned a lot about the past players and the recent players, my teammates, everybody that I’ll be surrounded by,” Cunningham added of the Rockets program. “If I had to sum it up, being a Rocket is a thing of pride. 95th street is a really proud tradition and they’re always looking forward to the future. They’re always looking for the next ring, not the current ring or the ring they won two years ago. That’s a mentality that I really like and I really appreciate.”

Both Cunningham and Kritza have spent plenty of time in South Florida recently while on recruiting visits to the University of Miami in early March and then again in mid-April. Seeing what the area has to offer only helped a moving process already in motion go more smoothly.

“It’s definitely a different vibe than a lot of places. It’s a lot warmer. The people, it’s a melting pot of races and culture, and everything. It’s kind of a culture shock, but in a good way. It’s really just a great place to be,” Cunningham said.

Also joining the two down in Miami is Cunningham’s younger brother, TK Cunningham. He’s an eighth grade EDGE who already stands at 6-foot-5, 230-pounds.

Miami is one of many schools already recruiting the elder Cunningham and Kritza heavily, but their recruiting process remains open despite their new proximity to Mario Cristobal and the Hurricanes.

LSU, Penn State, and Texas A&M are a few more programs recruiting Cunningham well at this stage of the process, while Kritza holds a number of Power 5 offers from programs like Texas A&M, Penn State, and Pittsburgh amongst others.

So this guy is from Cali and transferred to Miami Central? Miami was already in the lead so I'd assume he commits within the next month or two here.

Advertisement
Back