Official 2023 WR Nathaniel "Ray Ray" Joseph COMMITS

No joke. At my brother’s bar mitvah in downtown Louisville circa ‘86, Ali pulled up to the hotel and started signing Qurans. My brother has an autographed Ali Quran that he got at his bar mitvah lol!
Whoa…. For starters, I’m adding you to our CIS minyan list. And my best friend from college is ****** and from Louisville. Belonged to The Temple and lived in Indian wood or river or something i think. We caused a disturbance at the standard club - summer of 1986 - before our junior year in college

Advertisement
My mom has his autograph from when he had a training camp in Deer Lake, Pa. She was his waitress at one point when he stopped in for breakfast where she worked, she said he was very polite & humble in person. Legend
My cousin and I spent about a half day with him back in 99. As nice and humble as can be and a joke teller. Loved telling ethnic jokes. Kept turning them into ****** jokes and looking at me and laughing at his jokes. Lol.

So, I guess the 15 year old Bentley and 12 seater Cessna wasn't quite as impressive as lullvull thought it was.

Advertisement
It all stems from unrealistic expectations...

People get disappointed because they believe fairytales all offseason, all they have to do is use a little bit of logic & they’ll figure out 85% of most recruiting battles.

Our fans are just unruly children who don’t wanna leave the playground after the teacher has blown the whistle to end recess lol

The 100+ page let down threads would be cut in half if people just used their brain a little lol 🤷🏽‍♂️
So we aren’t getting everyone?

Whoa…. For starters, I’m adding you to our CIS minyan list. And my best friend from college is ****** and from Louisville. Belonged to The Temple and lived in Indian wood or river or something i think. We caused a disturbance at the standard club - summer of 1986 - before our junior year in college

Also members of the Standard Club. Probably crossed paths. Good times.

Advertisement
Fun fact, Ali credits his trash talk , swagger, flamboyant persona to Gorgeous George. A very popular Pro wrestler he watched as a child. It’s kinda crazy how pro wrasslin has its finger prints all over pop culture , even back to when Ali was a child.
I get my **** talkin from Ric Flair & Goldi

It all stems from unrealistic expectations...

People get disappointed because they believe fairytales all offseason, all they have to do is use a little bit of logic & they’ll figure out 85% of most recruiting battles.

Our fans are just unruly children who don’t wanna leave the playground after the teacher has blown the whistle to end recess lol

The 100+ page let down threads would be cut in half if people just used their brain a little lol 🤷🏽‍♂️

Occams Razor.

Advertisement

Mario

Chappelles Show GIF

Advertisement
Great fact. I will add to this
Ali met Gorgeous George and saw how the fans booed and hissed. But what Ali took away from the meeting was that people had to buy tickets to his matches so that they could boo and hiss. As long as they had to buy a ticket it was all good.
Ali was the single greatest fight promoter of all time. Sometimes that took an ugly turn like his insults of Joe Frazier, but in the end Ali made a lot of money for everyone; himself, his opponents, the actual promoters, the training staff, and of course anyone who produced and showed his fights.
It’s still mind boggling to think there were only a little over 8k fans that were in attendance that night in Miami Beach. The convention center was half empty when, The Greatest shook up the world!

My cousin and I spent about a half day with him back in 99. As nice and humble as can be and a joke teller. Loved telling ethnic jokes. Kept turning them into ****** jokes and looking at me and laughing at his jokes. Lol.
When I was kid I boxed for the Police Athletic League and we were based out of the 5th St. Gym. Ali would come in from time to time and work with us a little here and there. He wanted to know our names and treated us like we were his friends. The man literally showed me how to use my left jab after seeing me swing away at the heavy bag one day. A day I will never forget. I barely knew the man but I knew I loved him and I knew he loved me back.

Advertisement
Back