2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Why do you say Joseph isn’t a pg? Thought he was a true pg in high school and continued that identity in his decent sample size this year?
He looks more like a 2. Not an amazing handle and not the best vision. Hustles and competes on defense.

Advertisement
But neither are Joseph or Poplar so someone has to play it

IMO Beverly is easily the best PG of the 3 in the sense that he actually creates shots, both for himself and others (at least he did prior to injury).

Joseph's only a point guard in the sense that he's usually the one who dribbles the ball up the court. Past that, he offered basically nothing on offense this year.

Definitely would go in on him cause he could be good at running the team but his 3point shooting is gonna be a problem. Especially with all the pick stuff we run at top of key that leads to 3s for the PG. But would be a good fit.

The shot is definitely a concern. Getting ahead of myself, but he and Beverly probably can't play together, way too much overlap in their skill sets.

Advertisement
The shot is definitely a concern. Getting ahead of myself, but he and Beverly probably can't play together, way too much overlap in their skill sets.
If Bensley doesn't improve his shot, he's going to be marginalized within the program. Unless your Rajon Rondo, you need to be at least a halfway decent threat to make an open three and even Rondo has developed as a shooter over the years.

I remember thinking at one point that Beverly was gonna be better than Wong....early in their arrival. But man did Wong continue to improve while Beverly stayed the same. He's good going to the hoop but he can't shoot or pass well enough. Hopefully he's improve on at least one of those.

Advertisement
I remember thinking at one point that Beverly was gonna be better than Wong....early in their arrival. But man did Wong continue to improve while Beverly stayed the same. He's good going to the hoop but he can't shoot or pass well enough. Hopefully he's improve on at least one of those.

Right there with you, Beverly flashed some serious talent his freshman year. Hard to tell how much of his downfall was the injury though, since the program inexplicably decided it was a good idea for him to play through it for over a year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Right there with you, Beverly flashed some serious talent his freshman year. Hard to tell how much of his downfall was the injury though, since the program inexplicably decided it was a good idea for him to play through it for over a year.

The "medical diagnosis" stuff is interesting, as that was part of the tension with Lykes. Radakovich will put an end to this nonsense.

If Bensley doesn't improve his shot, he's going to be marginalized within the program. Unless your Rajon Rondo, you need to be at least a halfway decent threat to make an open three and even Rondo has developed as a shooter over the years.
You know what’s funny? I went to the GT game in Atlanta, and during pre game warm ups, he was absolutely ripping the net with his 3 point shot. To the point that my 8 year old son even noticed and said “Dad, #4 is killing it”. Obviously could’ve just been having a good pre game, but I don’t think his shot is as busted as some on here do. I actually think he is going to surprise with his offense by the time he’s done at UM.

From New England Recruiting Report, before Bensley committed:

"He's a more than capable scorer but his ability to put points on the board isn't what makes him special. Call it what you want, but he's an "alpha" on the floor with an "it" factor about him. Essentially, he's a leader, loaded with intangibles, and a big presence. He changes the game as much, if not more, defensively than he does offensively and his overall approach allows him to raise the level of those around him on both ends of the floor."

I've seen him listed as 6' and 6'1. Looks more like 5'11 to me.

There was a time when his 3 point accuracy last season (small sample size) was up there with Sam's. Then, he had that 1-10 game (OK, only a few were three point Atts) and that brought his numbers down. How did he take 10 shots in that game? UVA musta left him wide open every trip down the floor.

Back to the writeup. Anyone see the defensive stopper play he was supposed to be capable of?

Advertisement
Back