2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Came here to say he's leaning Miami. You're getting an AA if his head is in the right place, which wasn't the case in Champaign. Loved him in orange and blue but a change of scenery was needed for both parties.
Can you elaborate? Did he get into trouble?

Jump shots can be fixed. Its been discussed in a couple different threads already, but he had concussion problems this year and looked terrible. I'm not hiding from that, but he was a preseason All-American for a reason; he has a potentially ELITE floor game, which he flashed pretty often his freshman year.
I feel there will be better options in the portal if we wait. Last year folks on the board wanted West over Moore, and we see how that worked out for both players and teams.

I would assume this effects the calculus somewhat. Of course, they told us he was healthy to start the year, and it became obvious almost immediately that wasn't even remotely true.

Then there's this (not sure what the **** the camera man was doing here)

When asked about next year's players, he specifically names Wooga, Bensley, Jakai, Miller and Walker, then cryptically says "You never know if somebody decides to transfer, we would never hold anybody back."

I feel there will be better options in the portal if we wait. Last year folks on the board wanted West over Moore, and we see how that worked out for both players and teams.

I would point out that prior to coming to UM, Charlie was a horribly inefficient player not unlike Curbelo. Shot under 40% from the field and average almost 3.5 turnovers a game before coming to Miami.

One of L's greatest accomplishments this year was beating that nonsense out of him. Not outside the realm of possibility that he can work the same magic with Curbelo.

Advertisement
Important information to remember, Miami currently only has one scholarship available.
If Wong turns pro, that will be a second scholarship and if Gak leaves, that will be a 3rd scholarship.
Harlond Beverly says he is healthy and he will be back.
No, I don't think Jordan Miller is turning pro so this is not worth mentioning.
Again, currently, only one scholarship is available.

Important information to remember, Miami currently only has one scholarship available.
If Wong turns pro, that will be a second scholarship and if Gak leaves, that will be a 3rd scholarship.
Harlond Beverly says he is healthy and he will be back.
No, I don't think Jordan Miller is turning pro so this is not worth mentioning.
Again, currently, only one scholarship is available.
I think it’s a forgone conclusion that Gak’s career is over. He was honored on senior day.

Can you elaborate? Did he get into trouble?
Great kid with a huge personality. Maturity level put a strain on staff and by the end everyone was ready to go their separate ways. Struggled with a bad concussion and was never at full capacity on the court. With the right system/coach, he has pro potential. Purdue game was the only one he played to his potential.

Advertisement

Nice writeup on Curbelo, I think he can be a great player with right coaching.
He'll never be a great shooter but if he can get up his percentage into the 30s to go along with his ball handling and playmaking ability he can be great for us.

I think Rodney and Sam went through 2 or 3 Senior days as they have multiple degrees.
I will wait for confirmation on this situation.
L didn’t mention Gak when he was asked about next year’s team and he listed returning players. I guess there’s always a slim chance he comes back, but I highly doubt it and sure as heck hope not.

Great kid with a huge personality. Maturity level put a strain on staff and by the end everyone was ready to go their separate ways. Struggled with a bad concussion and was never at full capacity on the court. With the right system/coach, he has pro potential. Purdue game was the only one he played to his potential.

Thank you for coming on here and making a contribution to the board. Much appreciated

Advertisement
If you want speed, penetration and eye-opening assists from your PG, Curbelo's your man. IMO, he needs to operate in a wide-open, fast-breaking offense to maximize his effectiveness. Half-court sets? Not so much.

Advertisement
Had been waiting for that one. If I was calling the shots, I'd go all in on him. Too much potential to pass up.
Definitely would go in on him cause he could be good at running the team but his 3point shooting is gonna be a problem. Especially with all the pick stuff we run at top of key that leads to 3s for the PG. But would be a good fit.

Advertisement
Back