2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

4. FARDAWS AIMAQ, C: FROM UTAH VALLEY (92)

Stats: 18.9 PPG, 13.6 RPG, 1.7 APG

Fardaws Aimaq entered the portal early and still remains as one of the top transfers on the market. However, he planned on testing the NBA Draft waters first and foremost, and that plan still remains the same. He’s a double-double machine, standing nearly seven-feet tall with a 240-pound frame. He’s skilled, has hands and touch and dominates the paint. Aimaq was the No. 1 player in last week's initial Transfer Portal Rankings.

Aimaq is back in the transfer portal. Not sure if our staff was on him last year when he left Utah Valley St., but wouldn't mind having him join us for next year. Not the most mobile big man you'll find, but very skilled and tough in the paint. Will rebound and contest shots. Can someone get Ruiz on the phone?

Advertisement
Just hope this Ruiz Life Wallet thing is solvent as we move forward. Don't wanna see our athletes left holding an empty bag.
Wonder what the comparison will turn out to be in regard to the amount of $$$ Ruiz earmarked for NIL in 2023 vs. 2024?

Advertisement
Wonder what the comparison will turn out to be in regard to the amount of $$$ Ruiz earmarked for NIL in 2023 vs. 2024?
I know someone else mentioned it. But Ill be interested to see over the next 2-3 years how NIL plays out. I really think its going to come back to earth quite a bit.

I know there have always been bag men. But that was big money here and there, maybe a car here and there and some hundred dollar handshakes. But with NIL every single kid thinks he has value and thats just not the case. So while 2-3 years from now top end QB's and elite athletes will still be getting deals I think they will be much smaller and in bball more and more kids will get next to nothing. Pack was great and we made a deep run and Miami bball was all over the news again. So there is great publicity esp for Ruiz who was so brash about it. But what if Omier doesnt play and we lose to Drake. Then he paid a nice chunk to "Ok."

So the next few years should be interesting. Everything adjusts over time.

I know someone else mentioned it. But Ill be interested to see over the next 2-3 years how NIL plays out. I really think its going to come back to earth quite a bit.

I know there have always been bag men. But that was big money here and there, maybe a car here and there and some hundred dollar handshakes. But with NIL every single kid thinks he has value and thats just not the case. So while 2-3 years from now top end QB's and elite athletes will still be getting deals I think they will be much smaller and in bball more and more kids will get next to nothing. Pack was great and we made a deep run and Miami bball was all over the news again. So there is great publicity esp for Ruiz who was so brash about it. But what if Omier doesnt play and we lose to Drake. Then he paid a nice chunk to "Ok."

So the next few years should be interesting. Everything adjusts over time.

He's paying them to promote his business. I'm sure his ROI was better than he imagined. I'd be willing to believe even the most casual Basketball fan knows about Lifewallet. It will be interesting if the actual business experiences any growth.

He's paying them to promote his business. I'm sure his ROI was better than he imagined. I'd be willing to believe even the most casual Basketball fan knows about Lifewallet. It will be interesting if the actual business experiences any growth.

Unfortunately I’m pretty confident the ROI is nowhere near what he hoped/imagined… at least this far.

Lifewallet sports has like 2500 total followers on Twitter and there have been 23 total downloads of the LifeWallet app on the Apple App Store.

LifeWallet has gotten a ton of exposure… but I don’t see any tangible signs of what would constitute an actual return on the investment. Unfortunately.

Advertisement
Back