2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Miller is the only guy who runs out of eligibility this year. Gotta think Wong is gone too so Miami will have 2 spots open barring any transfers. I’d like to see this guy and then hit the portal.
Coach L has made it abundantly clear that he likes the transfer portal and would much rather have a more experienced transfer come in and help right away, rather than play the waiting or guessing game to see if a true freshmen can do the same. Personally, I don't see a problem with it except for the constant turnover we'll be seeing. Relying on the portal could make things a bit more fluid in terms of having to rotate new guys every year or two.

Coach L has made it abundantly clear that he likes the transfer portal and would much rather have a more experienced transfer come in and help right away, rather than play the waiting or guessing game to see if a true freshmen can do the same. Personally, I don't see a problem with it except for the constant turnover we'll be seeing. Relying on the portal could make things a bit more fluid in terms of having to rotate new guys every year or two.
The Blue Blood programs all have large amount of annual turnover as well what with their 5 stars departing for the NBA. As you say, it can make things more difficult to get each years new squad to mesh but ... we've always relied on Transfers and JuCos for program success so it's not really that much of a change.

Advertisement
The Blue Blood programs all have large amount of annual turnover as well what with their 5 stars departing for the NBA. As you say, it can make things more difficult to get each years new squad to mesh but ... we've always relied on Transfers and JuCos for program success so it's not really that much of a change.
It's a lot easier to have a revolving door with your lineup when you're stacking it with future lottery picks and NBA pros. Blue bloods are bringing in multiple 5-star prospects on a yearly basis. Tough to compare that to what our staff has brought in over the years at Miami. For example, Duke is signing five 5-star prospects in their 2023 class. I don't think Coach L has brought in that many in all his years at Miami. This staff has to prove they can consistently bring in top rated guys thru the portal or HS ranks if we're to compare our revolving door to that of the blue bloods.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back