2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Isn't he 2024?
Yes, he’s a 2024. Happy to hear Miami is on him but this staff has got to keep the pressure on. Him transferring out west isn’t doing us any favors. Allen is generating a lot of interest and he’s a hot name right now in the junior class. Hopefully, he’ll get homesick and realize he needs to be at Miami. 😆

Yes, he’s a 2024. Happy to hear Miami is on him but this staff has got to keep the pressure on. Him transferring out west isn’t doing us any favors. Allen is generating a lot of interest and he’s a hot name right now in the junior class. Hopefully, he’ll get homesick and realize he needs to be at Miami. 😆

Hopefully, they keep the pressure on him, and it doesn't turn into another Scotty Middleton.

Hope his Mom working at UM gives us an edge

Advertisement
Winter Haven kid and going to play for Mike White so makes sense
Had less to do with Mike White and more to do with Erik Pastrana. He did a great job of establishing the relationship with James and his inner circle. Winter Haven had no say in matters neither. It was all James' AAU team. Don't think Larranaga will ever get a kid from 1Family.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
One service calls the 6'10 240 Michael Nwoko a "Post." Another has him listed as a Power Forward. Sounds like a grounded, great kid and certainly already has size.

From an Okla State board: "He plays with Team CP3 on Nike’s EYBL AAU circuit. In eight games in the EYBL this season, Nwoko averages 6.4 points and 5.4 rebounds a game. His minutes are limited (15.5 a game) with CP3 because he plays alongside GG Jackson, the No. 2 player in the 2023 class. His per 40 minutes probably tell a better tale of his abilities at 16.6 points and 13.9 rebounds.

Nwoko also played with Canada at the FIBA U18 Americas Championship. In six games in that tournament, Nwoko averaged 12.2 points and 8.3 rebounds. He was the second-best rebounder in the tournament."

18 months ago, Nwoko had this to say about his game: "I would call myself a defensive/offensive forward/center. I attack the rim and I am very physical. I also have a soft touch around the rim and a consistent short jumper. I would also say that I am a great passing big man."

Ed Cooley at Providence thinks he can play inside in the Big East, so that's another positive recommendation.

One service calls the 6'10 240 Michael Nwoko a "Post." Another has him listed as a Power Forward. Sounds like a grounded, great kid and certainly already has size.

From an Okla State board: "He plays with Team CP3 on Nike’s EYBL AAU circuit. In eight games in the EYBL this season, Nwoko averages 6.4 points and 5.4 rebounds a game. His minutes are limited (15.5 a game) with CP3 because he plays alongside GG Jackson, the No. 2 player in the 2023 class. His per 40 minutes probably tell a better tale of his abilities at 16.6 points and 13.9 rebounds.

Nwoko also played with Canada at the FIBA U18 Americas Championship. In six games in that tournament, Nwoko averaged 12.2 points and 8.3 rebounds. He was the second-best rebounder in the tournament."

18 months ago, Nwoko had this to say about his game: "I would call myself a defensive/offensive forward/center. I attack the rim and I am very physical. I also have a soft touch around the rim and a consistent short jumper. I would also say that I am a great passing big man."

Ed Cooley at Providence thinks he can play inside in the Big East, so that's another positive recommendation.
Sort of sounds like an old school big, which we could definitely use on this roster. Anyone find any tape on him?

how do we feel about this young man’s talent?
Another project, but seems to have more upside than many of the other past projects we've had. Reminds me a lot of Tonye Jekiri coming out of HS, but with a little higher ceiling.

Good size (6'9"ish) with a college ready frame. Encouraging to see he's dropped some weight since his junior year of HS. Looks like a guy who could possibly help the team on the defensive end of the floor early. Not a gazelle but runs the floor fairly well for a big guy. Offensively, he' still very green. Like many bigs coming out of HS. Most of his points comes in transition or off dump-off passes. Doesn't have elite athleticism but seems to have good hands and is athletic enough to catch and finish with dunks around the rim. He's still young, so IF he grows another inch or two and gets closer to 7ft then he turns into a big time prospect.

Advertisement
Back