2023 Recruiting

Advertisement
Oops, my antivirus is fighting this link. Is it just me?
I had to uninstall mine because it would never let me visit InsideTheU. It just started happening recently out of nowhere, claiming it was a phishing site.

A lot of schools already on him. We seem to be late to the party with a lot of our offers.
You sound surprised. I don’t k ow if he’s always had the same approach or if it started as he got older, but fact of the matter is Larranaga doesn’t pay attention to most recruits until they’re in their junior year of HS. It’s backwards thinking if you ask me. Then he wonders why he can’t get the top instate guys to ever come here.

You sound surprised. I don’t k ow if he’s always had the same approach or if it started as he got older, but fact of the matter is Larranaga doesn’t pay attention to most recruits until they’re in their junior year of HS. It’s backwards thinking if you ask me. Then he wonders why he can’t get the top instate guys to ever come here.
You're probably right on L and his staff but ... with NIL, the Portal, G League, etc., HS recruiting has taken a back seat all across the country. Just look at our roster last season, and this one upcoming.

Advertisement
You're probably right on L and his staff but ... with NIL, the Portal, G League, etc., HS recruiting has taken a back seat all across the country. Just look at our roster last season, and this one upcoming.
Agreed, HS recruits are at the bottom of the totem pole. Under the transfer portal, juco, and international prospects. However, if we're to give ourselves a chance with the top HS prospects in Florida than we have got to get on them early. During their freshmen and sophomore years. If not, we'll continue to see them go to the blue bloods and other top 25 programs who start recruiting them early.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Miami: “It was a great visit, and it was actually better than I expected. The other three programs I knew a little bit about before going into the visits, Miami I didn’t really know so I didn’t really have expectations. So, it really surprised me a lot.”

I would rather have Marvel Allen.

Advertisement
Hoping we land someone soon. A little surprised we haven't, you'd think the Elite 8 run would give us a spark on the recruiting trail. We tend to have late developing classes though, so there's still a lot of time.

Advertisement
Back