MLB 2023 MLB Season

Advertisement
Thoughts on the Dodgers backloading Ohtani's contract?

Also kind of unrelated but how the entire country doesn't know who Shohei is reflects poorly on the MLB's market and decline.

Thoughts on the Dodgers backloading Ohtani's contract?

Also kind of unrelated but how the entire country doesn't know who Shohei is reflects poorly on the MLB's market and decline.
Just a plain dumb bdecision financially for Ohtani to make imo.

Yeah let's just get $20M over the first decade of my contract and miss out on easily over a hundred million in savings AFTER TAX from non aggressive compound interest alone.

He's getting a $700M/20 year deal basically. That's $35M/yr. Why wouldn't you rather just get $35M/yr for 20 years... Let alone not getting some massive Signing bonus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He definitely fits in the hall of pretty good that the HOF has become
He was elite from 1998-2007.

His WAR was 3rd, only behind Bonds and A-Rod.

He has 400 HRs and 10 gold gloves. The only other players to do that are Ken Griffey Jr, Mike Schmidt, and Willie Mays.

He saved 235 runs over his career which is 50 more than Willie Mays.

He is the greatest defensive center fielder of all time.

He has 400 HRs and 10 gold gloves. The only other players to do that are Ken Griffey Jr, Mike Schmidt, and Willie Mays.

Jones was actually better than pretty good, but I don’t believe he should be a HoFer. Jim Edmonds has as good of an argument as Jones. Jones was a better defender (Edmonds was still really **** good) and home run hitter, but Edmonds was equal or better in everything else. I’m a huge cardinals fan and don’t think Edmonds should be in. Same with Scott Rolen who has a similar resume albeit at a different position.

MLB HOF has become too watered down. We can cherry pick stats, but in no world is Andruw Jones in the same caliber as Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr

Advertisement
Jones was actually better than pretty good, but I don’t believe he should be a HoFer. Jim Edmonds has as good of an argument as Jones. Jones was a better defender (Edmonds was still really **** good) and home run hitter, but Edmonds was equal or better in everything else. I’m a huge cardinals fan and don’t think Edmonds should be in. Same with Scott Rolen who has a similar resume albeit at a different position.

MLB HOF has become too watered down. We can cherry pick stats, but in no world is Andruw Jones in the same caliber as Willie Mays and Ken Griffey Jr
Edmonds was very good, especially with the glove more so than his bat.

Andruw Jones is a tier below Griffey and Mays only cause he tailed off with injuries. But he's better than Kirby Puckett who is in the HoF. At his best, for 10 years, Andruw Jones is better than Harold Baines, who is also in the HoF.

We're not cherry picking stats. Those are the stats that matter

Edmonds was very good, especially with the glove more so than his bat.

Andruw Jones is a tier below Griffey and Mays only cause he tailed off with injuries. But he's better than Kirby Puckett who is in the HoF. At his best, for 10 years, Andruw Jones is better than Harold Baines, who is also in the HoF.

We're not cherry picking stats. Those are the stats that matter
I will agree that he is better than some guys that are already in there

Advertisement

Andruw Jones IMO is the 2nd Greatest CF in MLB history, behind only Griffey.

And honestly, the only thing Griffey had over him was his great natural HR hitting ability. But in terms of being a 5-tool player & primarily as a Defensive Centerfielder, nobody was touching Andruw Jones, not even Mays.

Andruw Jones IMO is the 2nd Greatest CF in MLB history, behind only Griffey.

And honestly, the only thing Griffey had over him was his great natural HR hitting ability. But in terms of being a 5-tool player & primarily as a Defensive Centerfielder, nobody was touching Andruw Jones, not even Mays.
He could track everything in CF. Made it look so easy.

I think my fav memory of though, albeit against my Yankees, he was just 19 years old, hitting 2 HRs in G1 of the 96 WS lmao what a special ball player

Advertisement
Back