MLB 2023 MLB Season

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

Today is one of my favorite holidays of the year, America’s National Pastime, Major League Opening Day!

Looking forward to this year’s season, the Marlins are gonna suck still lol, but there will be some intriguing storylines to keep up with throughout the year.

Lots of great young talent has been developed & ushered in over the last few years & IMO Baseball is returning back to its glory years when there was great prospects & Elite caliber players on nearly every roster. Pretty much every team has a legit Star they can root for, even if their team overall is bad.

I’m a Marlins fan & can’t wait to see what kinda season Jazz Chisholm puts together, but Vlad Guerrero Jr is my favorite player in the league; but there’s dozens of players around the league that I’m a fan of. Adolis Garcia, Michael Harris II, Oneil Cruz, Randy Arozarena, Tim Anderson, Luis Arraez, Luis Robert Jr, Julio Rodriguez, Francisco Lindor, Joc Pederson, Vinnie Pasquantino, Teoscar Hernandez. Jose Ramirez, Cedric Mullins, Jorge Mateo & many more.

Also looking forward to seeing the young potential breakout guys like Jordan Walker, Ronny Mauricio & Geraldo Perdomo.

As for Pitchers, Kyle Wright is up there among the best in the league, Sandy Alcantara has CY Young capability if the Offense is halfway decent, Julio Urias & Alex Manoah are also lethal, Martin Perez is another one that if his team is halfway decent can be a CY Young caliber pitcher. The big question will be, can Justin Verlander at 40 keep pitching at an Elite level like he did last year? And will young Power-Arms like Hunter Greene & Marcus Stroman take the next step?

Should be a great season on hand, what teams you guys root for & what are your thoughts/expectations for the season?

Advertisement
Go Twins! Maybe they finally win a playoff game this year!! I believe 2004 was the last time, I was 7 lol

Advertisement
Go Twins! Maybe they finally win a playoff game this year!! I believe 2004 was the last time, I was 7 lol
At least yall got Carlos Correa, Nick Gordon & Byron Buxton.

Idk how that pitching staff & Bullpen is gonna look though lol

At least yall got Carlos Correa, Nick Gordon & Byron Buxton.

Idk how that pitching staff & Bullpen is gonna look though lol
I think the starting five is supposed to be better than last year. I know Maeda returns this year after having Tommy John. Think lacking an ace and the bullpen is what hurts them. Buxton is always hurt unfortunately

Advertisement

Braves are supposed to be really good this season; starting off right against the lowly Nats lol

Braves are supposed to be really good this season; starting off right against the lowly Nats lol

They’re loaded. I think they get to the WS.

I’m a Marlins fan. Looking forward to seeing what Jazz can do in CF. I really like the rotation but **** we got no bats besides Jazz and Arraez. I think we should trade Sandy for as many hitting prospects as we can get but I doubt we do that.

Lol at the Mets starting the season without Diaz and now Verlander. Can’t wait to see them finish second or third.

Advertisement
They’re loaded. I think they get to the WS.

I’m a Marlins fan. Looking forward to seeing what Jazz can do in CF. I really like the rotation but **** we got no bats besides Jazz and Arraez. I think we should trade Sandy for as many hitting prospects as we can get but I doubt we do that.

Lol at the Mets starting the season without Diaz and now Verlander. Can’t wait to see them finish second or third.
Agree on Jazz & Arraez; I think if we can get something outta Jean Segura, Bryan De La Cruz & Jesus Sanchez we can be string together a solid Offense. The main issue is Jorge Soler was brought in to be what he was in KC & IMO I don’t think he has that anymore, Idk if he was geared up or not but that one 2019 season was more of an anomaly than what he’s actually capable of. IMO I’d try to trade him for prospects to an AL team looking for a DH.

Can’t trade Sandy, he’s the best Pitcher we’ve had since Fernandez (RIP) & we were lucky enough to get him in a steal from the Cards. He’s a top tier pitcher & one of the best in the league, you can’t trade that kinda talented arm when you’re building like we have been for so long lol.

We got some good prospects in the Minors in kids like Jordan Groshans, Yiddi Cappe & Victor Mesa Jr who will be good in the coming years & may even make the roster this season, but we definitely need a big time Bat that can help us score runs.

I’d love to see us go get ONeil Cruz from Pittsburgh or get a young high upside prospect like Elly De La Cruz from Cincinnati.

I don’t see us being able to reel in a big name Free Agent, but if we can find young upcomers who have breakout ability like the Astros did with Yordan Alvarez, then we can maybe capture lighting in a bottle & sign’em long term, although I doubt that ever happens lol

Advertisement
Agree on Jazz & Arraez; I think if we can get something outta Jean Segura, Bryan De La Cruz & Jesus Sanchez we can be string together a solid Offense. The main issue is Jorge Soler was brought in to be what he was in KC & IMO I don’t think he has that anymore, Idk if he was geared up or not but that one 2019 season was more of an anomaly than what he’s actually capable of. IMO I’d try to trade him for prospects to an AL team looking for a DH.

Can’t trade Sandy, he’s the best Pitcher we’ve had since Fernandez (RIP) & we were lucky enough to get him in a steal from the Cards. He’s a top tier pitcher & one of the best in the league, you can’t trade that kinda talented arm when you’re building like we have been for so long lol.

We got some good prospects in the Minors in kids like Jordan Groshans, Yiddi Cappe & Victor Mesa Jr who will be good in the coming years & may even make the roster this season, but we definitely need a big time Bat that can help us score runs.

I’d love to see us go get ONeil Cruz from Pittsburgh or get a young high upside prospect like Elly De La Cruz from Cincinnati.

I don’t see us being able to reel in a big name Free Agent, but if we can find young upcomers who have breakout ability like the Astros did with Yordan Alvarez, then we can maybe capture lighting in a bottle & sign’em long term, although I doubt that ever happens lol
I get what you’re saying about Sandy. That contract is super cheap too. I just figure we could get a top tier hitting prospect for him but I would love to keep him.

We gave Avisail Garcia $12 mill a year, Soler $16 mill, Cueto $8 mill and Segura $6 million. What a waste 🤮 Should’ve tried to sign Correa for the price of García and Soler lol.

I like the prospects you mentioned but I’m worried that Khalil Watson and Jacob Berry are gonna end up like JJ Bleday. If we could draft hitter like we do pitchers we be set cause I’m hype about Eury Perez & Max Meyer when he gets back. Sandy, Edward Cabrera, & Perez gonna give us Dominicans a reason to follow the Marlins. Sixto Sanchez too, if he ever gets healthy lol.

I get what you’re saying about Sandy. That contract is super cheap too. I just figure we could get a top tier hitting prospect for him but I would love to keep him.

We gave Avisail Garcia $12 mill a year, Soler $16 mill, Cueto $8 mill and Segura $6 million. What a waste 🤮 Should’ve tried to sign Correa for the price of García and Soler lol.

I like the prospects you mentioned but I’m worried that Khalil Watson and Jacob Berry are gonna end up like JJ Bleday. If we could draft hitter like we do pitchers we be set cause I’m hype about Eury Perez & Max Meyer when he gets back. Sandy, Edward Cabrera, & Perez gonna give us Dominicans a reason to follow the Marlins. Sixto Sanchez too, if he ever gets healthy lol.
Agreed on Eury, he’s the best Pitching prospect in the MILB, I fully expect him to get brought up before the end of the season.

I like Watson, but I think Berry & Amaya probably gets used for trade bait eventually.

Big fan of Sixto’s arm, he’s another power pitcher with good stuff.

Advertisement
Back