MLB 2023 MLB Season

I love the arms the Fish have on the farm system (Eury, Max Meyer, Eder) but the lack of bats and draft history with position players is a little worrisome. I oddly believe we'll see Sixto in the majors again; I know this is not a rational thought lol. If Dane Meyers remains hot I think he should stay at CF and Jazz should slide back to SS. Cueto needs to be DFA'd as soon as possible.

Just some random thoughts, have a good day all.
I agree with you on Jazz, I think he’s better as an infielder than a CF, plus it allows for more Defensive versatility & being able to shuffle the Outfield around.

We actually have some really good prospects in our farm club, the issue is an over abundance at particular spots. We have a ton of infielders who can play Short, 2nd or 3rd, what we don’t have is a legit power hitting OF in the farm.

Luckily, Soler found his power back this season, but we still need at least 2 more sticks that can put the ball out of the park on a regular basis. Other than Soler, we really don’t have anyone that puts fear into a pitchers heart in terms of HR hitting ability. Yes obviously Arraez is having an amazing season & is an ELITE hitter & On-Base machine, but in today’s game you gotta be able to hit dingers to go on a pennant & World Series run.

Really hope we make some calls to the White Sox & see if we can package a deal for Luis Robert Jr at the trade deadline.

Advertisement
Fish have dropped the first 5 since the all star break. I think we have to call up Troy Johnston who has power and only a 17% K rate.

The Orioles seem like a team of destiny this year, so much young talent & are playing the Best baseball of the season.

The Orioles seem like a team of destiny this year, so much young talent & are playing the Best baseball of the season.

I saw a video of their catcher Adley Rutschman laying out Christian McCaffrey in college on a kick-off coverage ha. They got some stuff.
Gunnar Henderson is bound to only get better and it’s early but I saw their highly touted pitcher Grayson Rodriguez was touching 100+ easily.

Advertisement
I saw a video of their catcher Adley Rutschman laying out Christian McCaffrey in college on a kick-off coverage ha. They got some stuff.
Gunnar Henderson is bound to only get better and it’s early but I saw their highly touted pitcher Grayson Rodriguez was touching 100+ easily.
They have the deepest Farm club in Baseball; 3 prospects in the top 30 & 10 in the top 50.

They’re absolutely LOADED with great prospects.

Advertisement
Angels are crazy SOBs rn, I mean that’s a helleuva overpay for a rental. Respect going for it tho
The kinda don’t have a choice at this point...

Because otherwise they’re either going to have to offload Ohtani or let him walk via Free Agency which would be the dumbest move in MLB history. Unless Artie Moreno is willing to pay him $500+ million lol

The kinda don’t have a choice at this point...

Because otherwise they’re either going to have to offload Ohtani or let him walk via Free Agency which would be the dumbest move in MLB history. Unless Artie Moreno is willing to pay him $500+ million lol
It’s definitely a really tough market rn. Seems like more boarderline teams are staying out rather than selling rn. And as you said they have to buy and in the worst way. Need to make a real push in order to re-sign Ohtani. Still I think it’s a severe overpay. This bodes well for my nats come this deadline, seems this will be a really hot deadline for the limited assets

It’s definitely a really tough market rn. Seems like more boarderline teams are staying out rather than selling rn. And as you said they have to buy and in the worst way. Need to make a real push in order to re-sign Ohtani. Still I think it’s a severe overpay. This bodes well for my nats come this deadline, seems this will be a really hot deadline for the limited assets
The White Sox & A’s (like they are every year lol) are the biggest sellers on the trade market & seemingly enough, the Dodgers have been buying quite a bit over last 2 days with trades they’ve made to the Red Sox.

I’m actually surprised the Padres aren’t off-loading right now given how much of a failure their season has been, but I guess when you spend that much money you have to justify it one way or another & having a fire-sale at the deadline would be waving a white flag.

I’m really hoping the Marlins lean in & buy heavy to make a run for the Wildcard, we need some HR power bad, but I doubt we’ll actually make too many moves. Would love for us a package up a deal for Luis Robert Jr, but that seems a little too rich for our blood.

The Nats are in a multi-year rebuild with a bunch of young talent & some really good prospects in the Farm club. I don’t see them mortgaging off their future at this juncture, especially given how teams like the Orioles, Rays, Reds, Diamondbacks, Rangers & Giants have all rebuilt their teams using that same method of holding onto your young talent & letting them grow. The old days of buying up Free agents to make a pennant/WS run doesn’t really work anymore. And other than Jeimer Candelario or CJ Abrams, I don’t see too many teams really willing to give up their guys in an attempt to ransack the Nats.

That really only happens to the A’s because teams know they’re not gonna keep’em any way lol

The White Sox & A’s (like they are every year lol) are the biggest sellers on the trade market & seemingly enough, the Dodgers have been buying quite a bit over last 2 days with trades they’ve made to the Red Sox.

I’m actually surprised the Padres aren’t off-loading right now given how much of a failure their season has been, but I guess when you spend that much money you have to justify it one way or another & having a fire-sale at the deadline would be waving a white flag.

I’m really hoping the Marlins lean in & buy heavy to make a run for the Wildcard, we need some HR power bad, but I doubt we’ll actually make too many moves. Would love for us a package up a deal for Luis Robert Jr, but that seems a little too rich for our blood.

The Nats are in a multi-year rebuild with a bunch of young talent & some really good prospects in the Farm club. I don’t see them mortgaging off their future at this juncture, especially given how teams like the Orioles, Rays, Reds, Diamondbacks, Rangers & Giants have all rebuilt their teams using that same method of holding onto your young talent & letting them grow. The old days of buying up Free agents to make a pennant/WS run doesn’t really work anymore. And other than Jeimer Candelario or CJ Abrams, I don’t see too many teams really willing to give up their guys in an attempt to ransack the Nats.

That really only happens to the A’s because teams know they’re not gonna keep’em any way lol
As for the nats part, we really have 4 solid chips to trade.
Candelario, Lane Thomas, Hunter Harvey, and Kyle Finnegan. Meneses too

I mean **** the angels gave up 2 good prospects for 2 rentals, chit can go down really quik

Advertisement

Cubs are in an interesting spot. They are in it but do they become sellers? No one expected them to be in it at this point of the season.

Cubs are in an interesting spot. They are in it but do they become sellers? No one expected them to be in it at this point of the season.
With Morel, Wisdom, Bellinger & ****ner the Cubs have a good core nucleus to build around.

I don't think the Cubs should sell at this point, they probably won't make the playoffs but they have good talent to build with in the future.

Plus the Cubs Farm Club pitching is loaded & trading those arms away could be costly in the future.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back