MLB 2023 MLB Season

Advertisement
@Memnon What did you think of the Marlins moves? I think I like them although I believe Eder will be a really good pitcher. We needed some power and Burger and Bell provide that. The analytics would suggest Bell will regress to the mean and play better. The fact that we got Burger from the Sox makes me wonder if phone calls started with talks on Luis Robert/Eloy Jimenez.

We have to call up Eury Perez asap as well.

@Memnon What did you think of the Marlins moves? I think I like them although I believe Eder will be a really good pitcher. We needed some power and Burger and Bell provide that. The analytics would suggest Bell will regress to the mean and play better. The fact that we got Burger from the Sox makes me wonder if phone calls started with talks on Luis Robert/Eloy Jimenez.

We have to call up Eury Perez asap as well.
I wasn’t to thrilled with the moves tbh...

We needed to add Sticks badly, we’ve been struggling immensely with creating Offense & we needed more power.

Yankees melt down and gave up 5 runs in the 9th inning to the Fish. Josh Bell and Burger have been hitting pretty well. Just have to get the pitching to where it was earlier in the season; it helps that Sandy might be regaining his form?
I’m hopeful about this Marlins team…

Advertisement
@Memnon

This thread went silent, but the Marlins are in it!

Edwards seems to be staying on the roster for good, which is great. I like his speed and contact ability. I wish he had the arm to play somewhere other than second base.

Our GM did a really good job, IMO. Jazz has been getting better at CF and is swinging much more aggressively with pop, but he is also more patient at the plate and drawing walks. I am so happy for him. That lineup with him, Bell, Soler, Burger, De La Cruz, and Arraez is pretty darn good. We need to keep that core for a run of good seasons.

It is a shame we lost Rogers, Meyer, and Sandy lost his groove (I Think he will be fine). Those guys will come in clutch next season, and we can drop some dead weight like Tanner, Robertson, and Garcia. Re-sign Bell and Soler and making a move for a shortstop in the offseason should be the priority.

Hopefully, we can close this season out strong and make the playoffs!

Advertisement

Let’s goooo!!!

I wasn’t sure we were gonna make it tbh with how shaky & inconsistent we’ve been over the last couple months.

But even with Big Sandy having a really bad year, Luzardo really stepped up & pitched pretty well down the stretch.

Jazz, Soler & De La Cruz stepped up as well in helping provide much needed power for us & bringing Jake Burger was a much needed big time move. Arraez of course stayed the Mr. Consistency he’s been all season leading the league in BA.

Marlins haven’t been to the postseason since (2020, truncated season), but haven't been to playoffs in full 162-game regular season since 2003. So it’s a great feeling to be back playing in October!

Wonder if we’re getting the Phillies or the DBacks?

Let’s goooo!!!

I wasn’t sure we were gonna make it tbh with how shaky & inconsistent we’ve been over the last couple months.

But even with Big Sandy having a really bad year, Luzardo really stepped up & pitched pretty well down the stretch.

Jazz, Soler & De La Cruz stepped up as well in helping provide much needed power for us & bringing Jake Burger was a much needed big time move. Arraez of course stayed the Mr. Consistency he’s been all season leading the league in BA.

Marlins haven’t been to the postseason since (2020, truncated season), but haven't been to playoffs in full 162-game regular season since 2003. So it’s a great feeling to be back playing in October!

That month of August was brutal for us but we bounced back. Our SP started to drop like flies with the injury bug. Sandy, Cueto, Eury, Cabrera, and Rogers all either hurt or they were hurt at some point. Honestly, I'm proud of these guys for even making it this far.

It looks like we will get the Phillies and Dbacks will get Milwaukee.

Let's get some of that 03 magic going 🙂

Let’s goooo!!!

So happy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sport Celebrate GIF by MLB

Advertisement
Back