2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

STA being STA. Some 2023 LB who has been at STA for two and a half years is now a backup. As I’ve said in the past they have no loyalty to anyone except their sons and nephews.

Advertisement
They want these kids to have blind loyalty to the local program like we do. Why the **** would the kid have UM in his top teams when we were barely recruiting him?

I even did both parties a favor and I personally brought Brown and Tarber to a UM barbecue. The coaches barely spoke to the kids. Only T-Rob was making a real effort.
On one hand I’m thankful that you share these things with us

On the other hand I really don’t want to know this ****. Ugh. Thankfully we swung the pendulum as far in the other direction as possible

Can somebody replace this dog with a buck? 🦌

This Is Fine GIF

The entire starting defense either transferred or graduated. Only one remaining starter is still there, the All County Safety, and he'll probably split too. They lost their best young RB and a stud WR is leaving.
They also have nobody from the defensive staff coming back. (it was just me and my DB coach anyway)
That program is going to require a complete overhaul. I feel bad for them, because they have a great administration and athletic director that are very supportive. I hope they make a good hire and get back on track.

With Deerfield going down that means all of the talent in North Broward is now fair game. Unless they hire a guy who can keep the talent at home, we might see a rise from Coconut Creek or Monarch.

It's really difficult to get quality coaching at that school. (or at any public school for that matter) That was the one thing Coach Glenn struggled with for years. Even in the 4 years I was there, it was a revolving door of coaches. My DB coach and I ran the entire defense by ourselves this year. We couldn't even find a DL and LB coach.

I know there's some people around the program that want to get Donnell Bennett through the door. He'd be a quality hire. I think the guy at Boca Raton High School would do a real good job as well. I don't know how he'll be accepted by the community, but I know he coaches up his kids very well.

Told y'all it's gonna be a wild off season.

This Is Fine GIF

The entire starting defense either transferred or graduated. Only one remaining starter is still there, the All County Safety, and he'll probably split too. They lost their best young RB and a stud WR is leaving.
They also have nobody from the defensive staff coming back. (it was just me and my DB coach anyway)
That program is going to require a complete overhaul. I feel bad for them, because they have a great administration and athletic director that are very supportive. I hope they make a good hire and get back on track.

With Deerfield going down that means all of the talent in North Broward is now fair game. Unless they hire a guy who can keep the talent at home, we might see a rise from Coconut Creek or Monarch.

It's really difficult to get quality coaching at that school. (or at any public school for that matter) That was the one thing Coach Glenn struggled with for years. Even in the 4 years I was there, it was a revolving door of coaches. My DB coach and I ran the entire defense by ourselves this year. We couldn't even find a DL and LB coach.

I know there's some people around the program that want to get Donnell Bennett through the door. He'd be a quality hire. I think the guy at Boca Raton High School would do a real good job as well. I don't know how he'll be accepted by the community, but I know he coaches up his kids very well.

@Coach Macho saw somewhere in a tread you moved to a new HS. Which one?

Advertisement

This Is Fine GIF

I wonder if Ely might see a resurgence in that area now that Deerfield is falling back. Would love to see the Dillard/Ely games be good like they used to be back in the day.

Advertisement
I wonder if Ely might see a resurgence in that area now that Deerfield is falling back. Would love to see the Dillard/Ely games be good like they used to be back in the day.
They absolutely can if they hire the right guy. I heard the principal is a nightmare though.

I know if I was looking for a HC gig between those two schools, I would easily choose Deerfield. Their principal is a former college athlete and is all about football.

Coach Macho will be fine one of the real ones here who everyone hated cause he kept it 100. Always listen to what he has to say he knows wtf he is talking about when it comes to coaches or prospects.
Got hated on because he was spittin truth but a truth most did not want to hear. The thing is that the results always reconfirmed what he was sayin.

Too bad you couldn't keep the ball rolling. Could've maybe won a state title soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement

This Is Fine GIF

Remember when i told you this happened at MCA.

They will be down for a good 3 years.

Advertisement
Back