2023 2023 LB/RB Jayvant Brown

Advertisement
Thought nobody wanted him because he's small and regressed as a player
Happens with a lot of 9th/10th grade phenoms. They're physically developed as underclassmen but never grow.

This is why I tell kids not to let early offers get to their heads. Those coaches are PROJECTING. But if you don't grow and/or get better within the next 2 years, you'll be dropped.

Recruiting is fluid and these kids are being evaluated every off-season.

Happens with a lot of 9th/10th grade phenoms. They're physically developed as underclassmen but never grow.

This is why I tell kids not to let early offers get to their heads. Those coaches are PROJECTING. But if you don't grow and/or get better within the next 2 years, you'll be dropped.

Recruiting is fluid and these kids are being evaluated every off-season.
I feel like it would be beneficial for all involved if teams can't officially offer kids (and kids can't commit) until their class cycle actually begins. So 2024 kids would start in February 2023.

I feel like it would be beneficial for all involved if teams can't officially offer kids (and kids can't commit) until their class cycle actually begins. So 2024 kids would start in February 2023.
This is big in baseball right now…7-8th graders committing to p5’s, not developing into what was expected then cut loose going into their senior years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back