2023 ACC media days

Advertisement
How long do you give Miami for a rebuild?

- Now
- Yesterday

Were the answers.

“Sense of urgency”

It’s very reasonable for this team to go 8-4/9-3. No reason why 9-wins isn’t a possibility with this schedule. That’s actually my barometer right now, win back to back 9 or more win seasons. Why? We haven’t done that since 2016-2017, and before that we hadn’t done it since 2003-2004. Need to set the most basic of baselines.

It’s very reasonable for this team to go 8-4/9-3. No reason why 9-wins isn’t a possibility with this schedule. That’s actually my barometer right now, win back to back 9 or more win seasons. Why? We haven’t done that since 2016-2017, and before that we hadn’t done it since 2003-2004. Need to set the most basic of baselines.

I agree, there's 4 tough games (UNC, Clemson, FSU, and aTm) - I think it's reasonable to think we can win one of them.

In fact, Mario's Oregon teams always had that one big surprise win (e.g. winning at Ohio State)

Advertisement
My policy is don't get greedy or you'll always be disappointed. I'm expecting 8-4 and will be happy with that. If we get 9-3, I'll be ecstatic.
I’m 50/50 on 8-4/9-3. Could be either or, the A&M game will tell us everything we need to know early.

Advertisement
Have you seen him move in person? Dawg he looks like a small ball power forward
I've previously mentioned it, but anyone who saw him pull in that Polynesian Bowl game should have acknowledged something unique. He looked like an actual squatty fullback. You'd think it was the 90s with one of those blocking fullbacks in a toss sweep. Except, he was apparently 300+.

I've previously mentioned it, but anyone who saw him pull in that Polynesian Bowl game should have acknowledged something unique. He looked like an actual squatty fullback. You'd think it was the 90s with one of those blocking fullbacks in a toss sweep. Except, he was apparently 300+.

This is my player comp

George has been my guy even through last year's thorough trashing of the entire WR corps (yes, partly talent; but, again, hugely influenced by crap formations and system).

I know people question George, his focus, commitment, etc. Whatever the case, I think he's a talented kid and hope he gets the opportunities to move in space. Maybe this is just a last ditch effort by Mario to give him confidence or motivation. Who knows. He'd at least help vindicate my prediction that he'd be a solid college WR, so that'd be nice. Ha.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That looks like the video of 6th grade version of that iOL we're recruiting out of the pacific northwest. Ahfua.

lol, My favorite film is this guy, Ngata when he was playing rugby and Alex Collins playing lacrosse to benny hill music.

Let's see if that translates into playcalling and game management.

Bingo

I need one of the beat reporters or @DMoney to ask Mario what is going to be different this year, or how has he improved, to prevent the junior high level clock mistakes and game management blunders

Advertisement
Back