2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
When oil prices are up TAMU is an unstoppable financial source. I’m not surprised they’d sign another monster class if they are tossing money around like this.
Want to win these recruiting battles, you do whatever it takes. If a school outspends you, then you didn’t do enough

Advertisement
Want to win these recruiting battles, you do whatever it takes. If a school outspends you, then you didn’t do enough

I agree to a point. UM still has financial limits and seemingly we are very too heavy in who is donating the large chunks of cash: Ruiz, Soffer, Mas, Lennar, etc.

Texas oil/energy money is a different animal and when they are rolling it’s tough to keep up.

It’s the same with Stanford that I never understood with the access to tech out there it could have or should have been a monster in NIL.

I agree to a point. UM still has financial limits and seemingly we are very too heavy in who is donating the large chunks of cash: Ruiz, Soffer, Mas, Lennar, etc.

Texas oil/energy money is a different animal and when they are rolling it’s tough to keep up.

It’s the same with Stanford that I never understood with the access to tech out there it could have or should have been a monster in NIL.
Kids have to qualify to get into Stanford. Regardless of talent level, if kids aren't elite academically, Stanford can't/won't sign them.

Kids have to qualify to get into Stanford. Regardless of talent level, if kids aren't elite academically, Stanford can't/won't sign them.
You don't have to be elite academically to get into Stanford or Harvard, you have to meet a certain threshold when it comes to GPA & SAT/ACT scores but that threshold wouldn't get you into any elite/above average institution on your own.

Advertisement

Starts talking about Hicks at the 12:00 mark. Says for the first time he is contemplating moving his CB off of TAMU but to Oregon. Apparently they hit a home run on the visit.

Wow bummer. With the connects Miami DL coach Wright has with Hicks dad, the overall quality of D staff and DL staff, and Mario as a great recruiter I would think Miami would be choice if noTexas A&M.

No way a kid choose Eugene Oregon over Miami so this has to be strictly NIL money. Been to Miami twice for unofficials on top of just coming off an official, and his first ever trip to Eugene was that great? Ha

Wow bummer. With the connects Miami DL coach Wright has with Hicks dad, the overall quality of D staff and DL staff, and Mario as a great recruiter I would think Miami would be choice if noTexas A&M.

No way a kid choose Eugene Oregon over Miami so this has to be strictly NIL money.

Long, long way to go with this kid regardless IMO. I always thought TAMU would be extremely hard to beat so I didn’t expect him anyway but if no TAMU, we cant let it be Oregon.

Advertisement
Recruiting is a wild ride. In May, we were looking good for Mauigoa, Hicks, and Sanker and now all 3 trending away or we aren’t getting. To balance, we might get two elite 11 QBs and the best TE class in the country if Riley Williams picks us. It’s a whirlwind and it’s only June 😅

Lanning knows firsthand the "baggage" needed to compete on the highest level. We'll see if he can truly be a real CEO & program builder, but we know he can croot and willing to do what's necessary under the table. Keep plugging away. I'd rather be final two vs Oregon than Tex 8 & 4.

Advertisement

No way a kid choose Eugene Oregon over Miami so this has to be strictly NIL money. Been to Miami twice for unofficials on top of just coming off an official, and his first ever trip to Eugene was that great? Ha
I dont think its that. They not even spending like that yet. He posted like 30 pics from their visit on IG. Seems like he had a great time

Advertisement
Lanning knows firsthand the "baggage" needed to compete on the highest level. We'll see if he can truly be a real CEO & program builder, but we know he can croot and willing to do what's necessary under the table. Keep plugging away. I'd rather be final two vs Oregon than Tex 8 & 4.
And Mario doesn’t? There is no more under the table stuff anymore so don’t try to make some excuses

And Mario doesn’t? There is no more under the table stuff anymore so don’t try to make some excuses
Excuses ? Dafuq lol I'm just pointing out what the competition brings to the table I'm not making any excuse. Hicks is a top 10 overall type talent. Those caliber recruiting W's don't come easy or cheap. I think we're capable of getting him, just not expecting it personally tbh.

Long, long way to go with this kid regardless IMO. I always thought TAMU would be extremely hard to beat so I didn’t expect him anyway but if no TAMU, we cant let it be Oregon.
100% agreed... If we lose him to A&M or Texas, I won't feel bad.. But losing him to Oregon would be a surprise and would sting.

Starts talking about Hicks at the 12:00 mark. Says for the first time he is contemplating moving his CB off of TAMU but to Oregon. Apparently they hit a home run on the visit.

The rivals podcasts are all hinting at that. Lanning and Tosh have apparently hit it with Hicks. Oregon is also a dark horse player for Young, too. They get his final OV, I believe. They also might get Wayne.

Advertisement
Back