2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
Lol thanks. I like to share what I can and give everyone some insight into the monster Mario is creating down here. I was with Brandon, Brown, Fegan, and Fletcher (just got his knee scoped) yesterday. The AH kids first and foremost are great kids outside of football. The culture there is awesome. Coach Mike, Mario and Porter are all awesome people. What I took away from watching them train is Brandon is a real leader. He is working hard and leading the team in conditioning and putting that work in. He absolutely loves Riley but he is open to exploring his options. That's really all I can say as of now with those kids out of respect. Whatever schools land them are getting stand up kids.
I respect what you are saying. At the end of the day, I feel like we will land a top recruiting class regardless of what kids commit or leave the state.

Advertisement
I'm sure Shemar genuinely believes he is better than the 15 other guys ahead of him, which is good because that's the mindset you should have. In reality, he is going to a place that has 10-15 kids ahead of him likely that were also all high rated in their class and have experience in the scheme, has a pretty crappy living area in College Station, will play for a fanbase that will eat him alive and cast him aside the second he makes a bad play. On the other hand, he could have stayed home, been a hometown hero, made as much if not more money than at A&M, had basically an inside track to starting or getting massive playing time as a freshman and getting to live in Miami.

Added all up, that's a less than ideal situation to a good majority of people.
I mean… sure but he was a top 10 player. They have signed a plethora of studs along the DL the last 3 cycles but only a couple are rated higher than Shemar.

pure statistical chances.... the amount of high level guys ahead of him and in same class, lessen his chances of starting.. His PT probabilities were much higher with us.. plus, his family is here and that is huge.
Exactly.

And who has a better chance of going to the playoffs in the next three years us or *** to Mouth?

Advertisement
There is a little confidence coming from Texas that he likes the prospect of being a Longhorn but referencing from someone who talks to him and knows Rod Wright, he loves Rod and doesn’t have the same love for Texas a lot of those can’t-miss prospects usually have so his interest and enthusiasm for Miami is very real. That all said, the normal Texas (Texas and A&M) schools believe he will stay home. Long way to go but as of today I would say he has us in the lead. I think he is planning on visiting Oklahoma so that will probably put them in the running given Venables’ pedigree. If he comes back on his own and gives us an OV, then I would say our chances look very promising. He doesn’t have a handler like Moe either from what I was told so that factor shouldn’t be thing with his recruitment. Another stud who I want to see on campus is Anthony Hill the Linebacker, who I know has very little affinity in staying in-state for College and is surrounded by Canes fans. Normally I would say this wouldn’t matter but in this case, we have already put a lot of emphasis on recruiting Texas heavily with this staff and I couldn’t be more thrilled.
Thanks for your response

3A581721-1C59-4975-BADE-5F86F29556DE.png

Advertisement
That’s where I’m at with this. It’s not like he went to play for some random coach at a clearly lower institution. Jimbo is a top 10 coach and anyone who has been to A&M knows they are all in on sports across the board. Fans are so butt hurt that they’re trying to make A&M seem like chop liver lol

He had a choice and he made it. Miami was in shambles 90% of his recruitment. I know we all love Mario but it’s not as simple as insert Mario and a bag of money at the 12th hour you have to come here. Let it go! Good luck to him and we’ll see them on the field soon.
He could’ve gone to any school he wanted too.
And you know who didn’t have a hard on for him?
Nick fckng Saban. And you want to know why? Cause of Moe.
You want to know why lsu said no thanks?
Cause of moe.
The lsu reporter literally said that Shemar asked for “something” and the staff was shocked at what he was asking for and said no.
And that was when everyone was saying he was an lsu lean.
Ohio state has the dude that everyone says is tops in the country at d line and have a lot of talent and are arguably ahead of tamu the past few years. And he said that’s the best work out he’d ever seen from a high school lineman. And they wanted him bad except for one thing. Moe

Shemar didn’t go to tamu to go be
coached by jimbo and play with a bunch of top 100 players.
He went wherever moe was gonna get the biggest bag.
El told us from the jump to not keep our hopes up even when he was visiting a lot early on.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Hopefully to compare to Miami while the visit was fresh on his mind
Perhaps he'll run across a remorseful Shemar

"Hey, Shemar! What's up?"

"Pretend you're smiling," said Shemar quietly. His joyful visage from South Florida is now gone.

"Why are you whispering?"

Shemar stares at the immaculate grass. Immaculate except for the cowpies festering here and there. And everywhere.

"They'll hear me. They hear everything."

"Who?"

"The Corp. The Aggie Corps. They're everywhere. They see everything."

As if to emphasize the point, a platoon of uniformed Aggie cadets run by, bayonets drawn. Visiting parents scream, pick up their children, and scatter.

"What was that about?"

"The grass. You're not allowed to touch the grass. Ever."

Stewart shivers. In the distance another Aggie Corp marches by, singing martial music. "You have to get me out of here. I called Moe, but he's no longer in country. I've tried Coach but....please...you have to help me!"

Perhaps he'll run across a remorseful Shemar

"Hey, Shemar! What's up?"

"Pretend you're smiling," said Shemar quietly. His joyful visage from South Florida is now gone.

"Why are you whispering?"

Shemar stares at the immaculate grass. Immaculate except for the cowpies festering here and there. And everywhere.

"They'll hear me. They hear everything."

"Who?"

"The Corp. The Aggie Corps. They're everywhere. They see everything."

As if to emphasize the point, a platoon of uniformed Aggie cadets run by, bayonets drawn. Visiting parents scream, pick up their children, and scatter.

"What was that about?"

"The grass. You're not allowed to touch the grass. Ever."

Stewart shivers. In the distance another Aggie Corp marches by, singing martial music. "You have to get me out of here. I called Moe, but he's no longer in country. I've tried Coach but....please...you have to help me!"
Funny Dance Dancing GIF by Norwalk Brew House

Meanwhile Moe in the Dominican at the all you can eat spot with Shemar's 💵 like

He could’ve gone to any school he wanted too.
And you know who didn’t have a hard on for him?
Nick fckng Saban. And you want to know why? Cause of Moe.
You want to know why lsu said no thanks?
Cause of moe.
The lsu reporter literally said that Shemar asked for “something” and the staff was shocked at what he was asking for and said no.
And that was when everyone was saying he was an lsu lean.
Ohio state has the dude that everyone says is tops in the country at d line and have a lot of talent and are arguably ahead of tamu the past few years. And he said that’s the best work out he’d ever seen from a high school lineman. And they wanted him bad except for one thing. Moe

Shemar didn’t go to tamu to go be
coached by jimbo and play with a bunch of top 100 players.
He went wherever moe was gonna get the biggest bag.
El told us from the jump to not keep our hopes up even when he was visiting a lot early on.
I remember the LSU thing and when it happened it seemed hysterical because they are one of the top bag schools. But it did happen and if you take it as face value, it’s a wow type of story.

Advertisement
NIL money is a game changer at Miami as well. Miami is in a position to match or exceed anyone’s NIL deal. They proved it with Shamar. Relationships is the reason why I think Miami gets him. With this new Miami staff, there’s no more “gonna be a tough pull or that’s SEC country or he’s all SEC”.

“Do what you’ve always done and you’re going to get what you’ve always gotten”
Agreed our NIL combined with this new staff is gonna have us pulling Top5 classes yearly.

Lets stay on Hicks. Am done with moe and whoever. We need to take these Texas kids. Both of them. Hicks dad is a high school coach and has a great relationship with Rod. That gives us an advantage there. Texas is a big state and just like how we don't consider players from Pensacola Cane locks or lean, so too is Texas, so kids don't automatically to whichever Texas school. It depends on where they are from and their exposure to the specific school.

Advertisement
Back