2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
It's bigger than that. Steering a kid into a less than ideal situation because one school treats you as a handler better is some shocking dirt when you have that type of influence over a kid and his family. And setting them up for 2 years as their confidant. That's not really an lol to me personally.
Sounds like that fat ***** will eventually try to talk Shemar into transferring just so he can pimp him out all over again. If he ever does enter the portal, I'm not sure why anyone would think that going through the same **** with Moe all over again will lead to different results.

Advertisement
It's bigger than that. Steering a kid into a less than ideal situation because one school treats you as a handler better is some shocking dirt when you have that type of influence over a kid and his family. And setting them up for 2 years as their confidant. That's not really an lol to me personally.
eh. they just signed the top recruiting class ever, how is the situation less than ideal? most outside observers would argue that Miami is a less than ideal situation for a 5 star recruit given our recent history with those types of players (terrible). and DMoney has already shot down this conspiracy theory that he was pushed to TAMU by money and handlers as opposed to, y'know, just wanting to go play there w/ a bunch of other top 100 kids.

eh. they just signed the top recruiting class ever, how is the situation less than ideal? most outside observers would argue that Miami is a less than ideal situation for a 5 star recruit given our recent history with those types of players (terrible). and DMoney has already shot down this conspiracy theory that he was pushed to TAMU by money and handlers as opposed to, y'know, just wanting to go play there w/ a bunch of other top 100 kids.
pure statistical chances.... the amount of high level guys ahead of him and in same class, lessen his chances of starting.. His PT probabilities were much higher with us.. plus, his family is here and that is huge.

That’s where I’m at with this. It’s not like he went to play for some random coach at a clearly lower institution. Jimbo is a top 10 coach and anyone who has been to A&M knows they are all in on sports across the board. Fans are so butt hurt that they’re trying to make A&M seem like chop liver lol

He had a choice and he made it. Miami was in shambles 90% of his recruitment. I know we all love Mario but it’s not as simple as insert Mario and a bag of money at the 12th hour you have to come here. Let it go! Good luck to him and we’ll see them on the field soon.

I think that's more so referring to the fact that A&M over the last like 2-3 classes has signed somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 highly ranked kids at Shemar's position. Less than ideal in terms of playing time, opportunity, etc is how it seems he meant it.

Advertisement
I think that's more so referring to the fact that A&M over the last like 2-3 classes has signed somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 highly ranked kids at Shemar's position. Less than ideal in terms of playing time, opportunity, etc is how it seems he meant it.
Shemar was a top 10 overall player in his class and was for the entirety of his recruitment spanning several years. there's no reason why he would look at a bunch of other high level DL and think that he isn't good enough to get on the field anyway. it totally would have been legitimate for him to pick Miami because there was an easier path to early playing time, it's also completely legitimate for him to think that he's good enough to get playing time early in his career at any school in the country regardless of who else is on the roster. the idea that one situation is "less ideal" than the other is completely subjective.

This is what I'm referring to as my definition of less than ideal. Also what is their defensive scheme and what are Shemar's goals of where he wants to play again? Also what is A&M going to do for him outside of football incase he's not one of the 3% that make it to the next level? Lastly have you ever been to College Station lol. It's less than an ideal place to be lmao.

Shemar was a top 10 overall player in his class and was for the entirety of his recruitment spanning several years. there's no reason why he would look at a bunch of other high level DL and think that he isn't good enough to get on the field anyway. it totally would have been legitimate for him to pick Miami because there was an easier path to early playing time, it's also completely legitimate for him to think that he's good enough to get playing time early in his career at any school in the country regardless of who else is on the roster. the idea that one situation is "less ideal" than the other is completely subjective.
I'm sure Shemar genuinely believes he is better than the 15 other guys ahead of him, which is good because that's the mindset you should have. In reality, he is going to a place that has 10-15 kids ahead of him likely that were also all high rated in their class and have experience in the scheme, has a pretty crappy living area in College Station, will play for a fanbase that will eat him alive and cast him aside the second he makes a bad play. On the other hand, he could have stayed home, been a hometown hero, made as much if not more money than at A&M, had basically an inside track to starting or getting massive playing time as a freshman and getting to live in Miami.

Added all up, that's a less than ideal situation to a good majority of people.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Streeter lost me in this deal. He supported Moe and lied like they all do to justify having no morals. Shemar needs his help. He was literally with them that week and morning knowing all of it. He has supported Luke's short bus getting players, bribes for coaching jobs. He even talked about, does a kid owe someone for teaching him to run routes at 8 years old? Moe has a job to coach him. How can a school system allow a coach to be a handler and sell a kid? The whole thing is sickening. John is running his NIL legitimately. He is not going to do anything shady to get anyone in trouble. Do you think Mario or John are going to deal with Moe in any format going forward? He won't have a kid to demand to be treated differently than other recruits, taken to different restaurants or wearing a A&M hat at Shemar's announcement before he picks which had to take place alone after everyone else. The whole thing was a disgrace. Now would Miami take his transfer?
Facts! Anyone trying to shill for these mo ***kas ain’t no Canes fan.

This is what I'm referring to as my definition of less than ideal. Also what is their defensive scheme and what are Shemar's goals of where he wants to play again? Also what is A&M going to do for him outside of football incase he's not one of the 3% that make it to the next level? Lastly have you ever been to College Station lol. It's less than an ideal place to be lmao.
This is where I'm at. Not inly does he have a bunch of studs from previous classes, college ready ahead of him, AtM runs a 34 instead of the 43 we run here with Steele . Our DC arguably one of the best in the nation in a system custom built for Shemar's strengths and the ability to start right away. Oh well. David Hicks and Harbor me.

Advertisement
I'm sure Shemar genuinely believes he is better than the 15 other guys ahead of him, which is good because that's the mindset you should have. In reality, he is going to a place that has 10-15 kids ahead of him likely that were also all high rated in their class and have experience in the scheme, has a pretty crappy living area in College Station, will play for a fanbase that will eat him alive and cast him aside the second he makes a bad play. On the other hand, he could have stayed home, been a hometown hero, made as much if not more money than at A&M, had basically an inside track to starting or getting massive playing time as a freshman and getting to live in Miami.

Added all up, that's a less than ideal situation to a good majority of people.
this all entirely subjective

Advertisement
Maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid but it's starting to feel like we may actually get this kid..
Who is our main competition for him? Which schools believe he's favoring them?
There is a little confidence coming from Texas that he likes the prospect of being a Longhorn but referencing from someone who talks to him and knows Rod Wright, he loves Rod and doesn’t have the same love for Texas a lot of those can’t-miss prospects usually have so his interest and enthusiasm for Miami is very real. That all said, the normal Texas (Texas and A&M) schools believe he will stay home. Long way to go but as of today I would say he has us in the lead. I think he is planning on visiting Oklahoma so that will probably put them in the running given Venables’ pedigree. If he comes back on his own and gives us an OV, then I would say our chances look very promising. He doesn’t have a handler like Moe either from what I was told so that factor shouldn’t be thing with his recruitment. Another stud who I want to see on campus is Anthony Hill the Linebacker, who I know has very little affinity in staying in-state for College and is surrounded by Canes fans. Normally I would say this wouldn’t matter but in this case, we have already put a lot of emphasis on recruiting Texas heavily with this staff and I couldn’t be more thrilled.

Advertisement
Back