2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Advertisement
Bolt was beatin' MF'ers by like 10M & $h!t, while Knighton ran a 19.88 and only beat His opponent by like 1-2M...shows you how much T & F has improved.

Bolt was beatin' MF'ers by like 10M & $h!t, while Knighton ran a 19.88 and only beat His opponent by like 1-2M...shows you how much T & F has improved.
Bolt was beating teenagers like that just like Knighton does. However, bolt was not beating the defending world champion in the 200m at 17. Not saying he will be what bolt was but you can see the potential is there for him to become that type of mega superstar type of sprinter

Advertisement

Yup, running a 19.84. A U20 (under 20) world record. He's now run two times faster than Bolt ever did with 2 and a half years to improve the mark. Bolt U20 record was 19.93.

First high schooler to make the 200m team since 1972.

Wish he pushed in that semi, that was a 19.7 something if he ran through the line. Then again, it may have cost him tonight. He's got a bright bright future.

Congrats to Lyles coming through on top after not shining in the semis or quarters. Bednarek rounds out the team and has more in him.

Last edited:
Yup, running a 19.84. A U20 (under 20) world record. He's now run two times faster than Bolt ever did with 2 and a half years to improve the mark. Bolt U20 record was 19.93.

Wish he pushed in that semi, that was a 19.7 something if he ran through the line. Then again, it may have cost him tonight. He's got a bright bright future.

Congrats to Lyles coming through on top after not shining in the semis or quarters. Bednarek rounds out the team and has more in him.
Yea I mean he had a really rough first 100 and didn't run the best turn but once he hit that last 100 he flew. If he gets off to a good start and runs the turn good he can easily win the gold. It won't be easy but he might be able to run sub 19.6 as a 17 year old in Tokyo and become a mega star

Advertisement
Yea I mean he had a really rough first 100 and didn't run the best turn but once he hit that last 100 he flew. If he gets off to a good start and runs the turn good he can easily win the gold. It won't be easy but he might be able to run sub 19.6 as a 17 year old in Tokyo and become a mega star

Yup, for sure. When he gets better out of the blocks and learns to run the turn better, the sky is the limit with this kid. I also think strength came into factor in that he had to press coming out of the turn. That and of course having to go three races in three days where he couldn't take any of them off.

He looked his best in the semi's. Reading back through this thread, there were some doubters, but I think he's silenced them.

So does this mean we compete with the Jamaicans in relay too? We have some fast kids here.

Advertisement
Yeah that’s the intriguing aspect that while having the U20 WR he still has some polishing on his runs that can drop his time another .1-2. Kid has a bright future and is on “Track” to be USA’s next superstar!!!

Advertisement
All this sudden success aside I was still hoping this kid would become a cane. Need guys like this but congrats dude is the future of USA track and field along with a bevy of other young talent.

Still will never understand why Miami doesn't ramp up its track program but **** you see what they're with the football squad. POS m'fer's

Advertisement
Back