2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
And Jimmy L. won't play his signature scramble defense. Let's go half court and play to our inside strength...lol.
L has been here for like 10 years and has never played the scramble defense. Can we really call the scramble defense his signature or a strength?

I find it weird that people still bring this up after all these years.

L has been here for like 10 years and has never played the scramble defense. Can we really call the scramble defense his signature or a strength?

I find it weird that people still bring this up after all these years.
Why is it weird? He has the roster for it. He does not have the roster for match up zone or 2-3 zone. It is insanity we rarely if ever run it and only if we are down with 2 minutes to go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Indiana University publication scouting report from a year ago on Aire:

"At 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, Aire is extremely effective as a shot blocker and rebounder. The combination of that length and patience makes him your ideal rim protector. He averaged 3.4 blocks per game last season and impacted multiple additional shots. Rebounding on both ends of the floor is no issue because of his tremendous second-jump ability.

Offensively, Aire is still a bit raw but is athletically dominant over defenders. At just 215 pounds, he isn't capable of taking a lot of pounding as a true post player, but uses that fluid athleticism to score around opponents. An underrated part of his game is his footwork. With quick feet, it makes up for a lack of multiple true post moves and allows him to utilize his quickness. Additionally, another good tool is his effectiveness using either hand when finishing around the rim. His length also makes him a terrific offensive rebounder."

Per another report, he has no allegiance to schools in the local DC area where he attends HS (after all, he's already a world traveler from Nigeria). Looking for academics and program fit.

Indiana University publication scouting report from a year ago on Aire:

"At 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, Aire is extremely effective as a shot blocker and rebounder. The combination of that length and patience makes him your ideal rim protector. He averaged 3.4 blocks per game last season and impacted multiple additional shots. Rebounding on both ends of the floor is no issue because of his tremendous second-jump ability.

Offensively, Aire is still a bit raw but is athletically dominant over defenders. At just 215 pounds, he isn't capable of taking a lot of pounding as a true post player, but uses that fluid athleticism to score around opponents. An underrated part of his game is his footwork. With quick feet, it makes up for a lack of multiple true post moves and allows him to utilize his quickness. Additionally, another good tool is his effectiveness using either hand when finishing around the rim. His length also makes him a terrific offensive rebounder."

Per another report, he has no allegiance to schools in the local DC area where he attends HS (after all, he's already a world traveler from Nigeria). Looking for academics and program fit.

Works for me

I said above "Per another report, he has no allegiance to schools in the local DC area where he attends HS (after all, he's already a world traveler from Nigeria). Looking for academics and program fit."

Don't want my words to be misconstrued. Even though Mr. Aire doesn't necessarily consider the DC area "home," and is very open to any location, that doesn't mean Georgetown and Maryland (and maybe others in the DMV) weren't/aren't in on him. How strongly remains TBD.

Advertisement
Kind of assume that it will come down to Miami and DePaul for him, with Ohio State third. Those are the only places he has officially visited, but the OSU visit was back in the summer. Miami hadn't even offered him at that point, so the fact that he visited Miami so soon after getting the offer after already have seen OSU makes me think we are ahead of them in the pecking order.

Going to come down to whether he ultimately wants to stay home or not.

Advertisement
Kind of assume that it will come down to Miami and DePaul for him, with Ohio State third. Those are the only places he has officially visited, but the OSU visit was back in the summer. Miami hadn't even offered him at that point, so the fact that he visited Miami so soon after getting the offer after already have seen OSU makes me think we are ahead of them in the pecking order.

Going to come down to whether he ultimately wants to stay home or not.
It'd be a very pleasant surprise if the Casey kid were to end up in Miami. Tony Stubblefield (DePaul HC) is a killer on the recruiting trail and he stocked his staff with experienced coaches who have strong ties to the Chicago-land area. I just don't see how they let this kid leave the Chi.

I do agree that it looks like it's going to come down to Miami and DePaul.

Given the current status of the program, this kid is a must get.
Along with the kids Christian Watson is trying to persuade to come.
Miami needs a big class.

Advertisement
Back