2022 Coaches Clinic

I'm not a coach and don't attend these things so asking purely out of curiosity.

When a coach attends one of these, what do they hope to gain? Is is truly X and O type details? Like really micro level strategy? Or more macro level program strategy like leadership/culture etc?

Obviously trying to do anything they can to get a competitive advantage but always curious if what Mario would consider a success would align with with the local coaches consider a success.

Have to imagine this lineup will draw coaches from all over the state and maybe beyond.
You can come away with a bunch of stuff. Sometimes it's x's and o's, sometimes it's fundraising ideas, motivational stuff, S&C stuff, etc.

Or sometimes you don't come home with anything except further networking contacts. It's valuable for that as well. I meet coaches from all over the country. Sometimes this can lead to new jobs.

At the Glazier clinic a couple weeks ago I met a coach from the panhandle that used to be Mario Cristobal's film guy at FIU. 😆

Advertisement
Coach, this get together is as much for PR of the New Canes "Mario style" , as it is for information of X and O's.

All good Coaches have their secrets, and they hold them very close. This is not the setting for a lot of technical data.

This deal is more for pub, with a healthy dose of residual recruiting for local Coaches, and potential for success in opening the doors to Mario when he comes calling for local talent.

This lineup also lets local Coaches know of Mario's horse power, especially for taking good players ( 4 and 5 star) who want to progress and grow at the U............ and setting them up to jump into the League.
Agree 100%. I wasn't referring to this clinic specifically though. The Nike clinic in Orlando, for example, has a mixture of big-name coaches and small college/High School guys. The big name guys give you very little X's and O's info.

I wasn't expecting any X's and O's stuff from this Mario clinic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree 100%. I wasn't referring to this clinic specifically though. The Nike clinic in Orlando, for example, has a mixture of big-name coaches and small college/High School guys. The big name guys give you very little X's and O's info.

I wasn't expecting any X's and O's stuff from this Mario clinic.
Would be great if after you could fill us in on what they did cover, teach etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
JJ’s resume is better than McVay’s. But to act like he’s more relevant to 16-18y/o kids is blind homerism. Especially considering he hasn’t coached a game this millennium.
Stop it.....Kids know plenty about JJ.....he made UM the U....NC Ring and 2 SB Rings...Not to mention his Dallas teams would Mop the floor with this yrs Rams team....Keep thinking Kids don't know about him...

Advertisement
Back