2022 Coaches Clinic

Advertisement
$50 entry fee is insane. Thats basically free. Guess they had to charge something to pay the support staff who will be passing out the BBQ and Coronas during lunch time. This is big time for local coaches!

I think they have to charge "something" for NCAA reasons, or you are giving free "meals" and "merch" to HS coaches to "influence" them to "encourage" their kids to go to your school.

Signed,

"@Cryptical Envelopment"

It says a lot that Jimmy Johnson is coming back to Miami to speak. That let's me know what he says about Mario and the program isn't coach speak plus, he believes in Mario. Plus to have the NFL coach that JUST won the SB coming down? That's big. That lets you this ain't the same rodeo. Things really are different. With Coach O? Man I was in diapers when he did whatever he did, I'd take him on the defensive side of the ball in a heartbeat.
JJ has came back to UM manyyyy times before Mario....

Orgeron was not banned from campus. I'm not sure why people don't understand the distinctions here. Orgeron was an alcoholic and threw hands at women and players, so he is never ever getting back together (with UM on an employer-employee basis).

But hanging out and shooting the ****e? Not a problem.
He was knocking out people in Bars from Baton Rouge to Dade back in the day...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Miami Football program is buzzing on a national level right now. I think Mario is doing an excellent job bringing positive attention to Miami.

What’s more important for us football fanatics is that recruits are talking, players who aren’t even in the Transfer Portal are talking.

I’ve posted video of one of my sons here on CIS, but I have a son playing football at Auburn and a son playing football at Oregon State. Both my sons told me that Miami is “Litty” (teenagers) right now. Young men at both schools are talking about Miami.

Also, what stood out to me is that Miami’s new coaching staff is casting a wide net for talent. More specifically, the Transfer Portal and the down low conversations with young men still on their current team rosters.

Advertisement
Mario got big ol' balls. This is a pretty impressive line-up. If he was able to include some smaller college and HS guys then it's a better line-up than most clinics I've been to in 15 years.
The big names are cool to see, but they often don't give any substantial X and O's info.
I'm not a coach and don't attend these things so asking purely out of curiosity.

When a coach attends one of these, what do they hope to gain? Is is truly X and O type details? Like really micro level strategy? Or more macro level program strategy like leadership/culture etc?

Obviously trying to do anything they can to get a competitive advantage but always curious if what Mario would consider a success would align with with the local coaches consider a success.

Have to imagine this lineup will draw coaches from all over the state and maybe beyond.

Mario got big ol' balls. This is a pretty impressive line-up. If he was able to include some smaller college and HS guys then it's a better line-up than most clinics I've been to in 15 years.
The big names are cool to see, but they often don't give any substantial X and O's info.
Coach, this get together is as much for PR of the New Canes "Mario style" , as it is for information of X and O's.

All good Coaches have their secrets, and they hold them very close. This is not the setting for a lot of technical data.

This deal is more for pub, with a healthy dose of residual recruiting for local Coaches, and potential for success in opening the doors to Mario when he comes calling for local talent.

This lineup also lets local Coaches know of Mario's horse power, especially for taking good players ( 4 and 5 star) who want to progress and grow at the U............ and setting them up to jump into the League.

Advertisement
Back