2022 ATH Graves lands UM offer from Van Dyke, close with Curtis

I see some message board whispers that LSU is emerging for Graves. However, I do not see where this is coming from. I scanned the LSU boards on some other sites and saw nothing. What I see are 100% of his crystall balls and future casts to UM. For the sake of the folks here who are about to commit seppuku, if there is any basis for this rumor, can someone share it?
i have never seen his name mentioned on any LSU board other than to note he was on an OV. Could they be talking to him behind the scenes like Manny and staff are talking to guys? probably. But I've never seen him noted as of major interest.

Advertisement
I see some message board whispers that LSU is emerging for Graves. However, I do not see where this is coming from. I scanned the LSU boards on some other sites and saw nothing. What I see are 100% of his crystall balls and future casts to UM. For the sake of the folks here who are about to commit seppuku, if there is any basis for this rumor, can someone share it?
Somebody here, forgot who and dont care to remember, apparently heard from his frat brothers’ nationwide grapevine that LSU is in play. So there you have it

Graves was one of the top performers in the Pylon 7on7 National Championship on Saturday.

"Chris Graves, 2022 ATH, Fort Myers (Fla.) Bishop Verot/Cam Newton 7v7 -- few cornerbacks were as smooth and effortless in their movement patterns as Graves, who also played with encouraging technique as well. Graves' experience on offense should aid his long-term ceiling on defense via ball skills and playmaking ability. Graves displayed good foot quickness and the ability to redirect smoothly yet suddenly in various coverage situations. We saw him make a number of breakups and also a key interception late in the tournament on a play that was quite difficult to make."

Graves spoke to Rivals ahead of his commitment. Said he speaks to DVD and TRob every day- they just keep telling him they want him to commit. They tried to get him to commit before Rodgers did. He said they told him they are looking to take 2-3 cbs but if it's him and Rodgers they may only take two.

He said it has been very stressful and that two schools have been standing out. He also told them he has two OVs left and he intends to take them in the fall "just to see."

Advertisement
Graves spoke to Rivals ahead of his commitment. Said he speaks to DVD and TRob every day- they just keep telling him they want him to commit. They tried to get him to commit before Rodgers did. He said they told him they are looking to take 2-3 cbs but if it's him and Rodgers they may only take two.

He said it has been very stressful and that two schools have been standing out. He also told them he has two OVs left and he intends to take them in the fall "just to see."
Maaaan we better take 3 corners 🤔

Advertisement

So this would tell me he isn’t committing to us tomorrow since Manny has that stupid rule where you can’t take visits after you commit even though we were in a period of no visits last year. Accept the kids commitments and allow them to go on visits, you’re never going to stop all decommitments

So this would tell me he isn’t committing to us tomorrow since Manny has that stupid rule where you can’t take visits after you commit even though we were in a period of no visits last year. Accept the kids commitments and allow them to go on visits, you’re never going to stop all decommitments
1) The rule is not you cannot commit. The rule is if you're looking, were looking. Obviously the preference is that once they commit there is no more visits. But they aren't denying commitments.

2) its not stupid. Many schools do that. In fact, not doing that is how we've been caught with our pants down many times before.

1) The rule is not you cannot commit. The rule is if you're looking, were looking. Obviously the preference is that once they commit there is no more visits. But they aren't denying commitments.

2) its not stupid. Many schools do that. In fact, not doing that is how we've been caught with our pants down many times before.
It's all about communication with the staff. If you say you are not taking anymore visits then go on visit then that is a problem cough cough Lee.

Advertisement

Who’s the other school standing out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back