2022 ATH Graves lands UM offer from Van Dyke, close with Curtis

I view this guy as a can’t miss prospect regardless of rankings. Really really hope we land this young man on Friday.

He's still viewed as an athlete by the recruiting services. Once they get him settled as a CB, he should get a bump.

When Corey Raymond, T-Rob, and Torrian Gray (South Carolina) are all recruiting you, you're a **** good CB prospect.

Advertisement
Ooohhhhh LSU is the contender you say? That’s Funny! When I reported this a few days ago people laughed and called it dumb. I even got a warning point. SMH.

PS: I never said he was going to commit to LSU. I just said my frat brother, who’s part of the staff, feels good about their chance. I’m still hoping he commit to us.

Ooohhhhh LSU is the contender you say? That’s Funny! When I reported this a few days ago people laughed and called it dumb. I even got a warning point. SMH.

PS: I never said he was going to commit to LSU. I just said my frat brother, who’s part of the staff, feels good about their chance. I’m still hoping he commit to us.
Lsu has always been the competition and it’s been mentioned a thousand times. You can literally go to his 247’profile and it’s um and Lsu

Lsu has always been the competition and it’s been mentioned a thousand times. You can literally go to his 247’profile and it’s um and Lsu
Exactly! That’s why I was surprised when people were coming at me for stating the obvious. But moving on. I think he ends up a cane. Malik Curtis connection is too strong.

Advertisement
Exactly! That’s why I was surprised when people were coming at me for stating the obvious. But moving on. I think he ends up a cane. Malik Curtis connection is too strong.

Hope you're right. Other saving grace is that I believe LSU already has 2 CBs committed and are hot after 1-2 others not named Graves.

Holy **** if we miss out on Graves to L$U too.. this board is gonna go bananas lol! no reason we need to be losing recruits especially from our backyard to these ******* Cajuns right now with there situation! Do we not know how to negative recruit either? against all people in Blake Baker!

2-3 cb's has always been the plan. Fegans is high on their board and as you said "wouldn't be told no".
So the Henderson bros were never real options as takes? (meaning if we whiff on Fegans and Singletary would they take Henderson as a 3rd CB in your opinion?)

Holy **** if we miss out on Graves to L$U too.. this board is gonna go bananas lol! no reason we need to be losing recruits especially from our backyard to these ******* Cajuns right now with there situation! Do we not know how to negative recruit either? against all people in Blake Baker!
It would be a massive fail but I expect us to win

Advertisement
Heard that man say word for word in an interview that they don’t even talk like that. Wouldn’t put too much stock into Curtis relationship

CIS if he chooses LSU -

Sad Will Ferrell GIF

CIS if the Gaytuh throws in a Jason Marshall bag just because:
Anger Rage GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fort Myers (Fla.) Bishop Verot four-star athlete Chris Graves plans to announce a college commitment Friday at 6 p.m. EST live on CBS Sports HQ, a free 24-hour sports news streaming network. Graves, who the 247Sports' Composite ranks as the nation's No. 14 athlete in the class of 2022, is down to four schools: Miami, LSU, South Carolina and Florida.

"These are the ones that have been showing me the most interest," Graves told 247Sports over the phone. "They all just do little different things to get my attention."

Graves visited Coral Gables multiple times last month. That's one of the main reasons why Manny Diaz's Hurricanes are the 247Sports' Crystal Ball leader heading into the announcement.

"I like the coaches and the environment there," Graves said. "Everybody is real close and they make you feel like family. They also got a good relationship with my mom."
Ed Orgeron's Tigers hosted Graves for an official visited the weekend of June 18.
"It's like DBU. They produce a good DB every year. I feel like I can go there and get developed," Graves said. "I like Coach [Corey] Raymond."
Graves was in Columbia the weekend of June 25 for an official visit.
"Coach [Torrian] Gray and Coach [Shane] Beamer are real good coaches," Graves said when asked about the Gamecocks. "Coach Gray has a good history with DBs and I feel like I can play right away there."
The Gators might have offered Graves much later in the process than other schools, but Graves is pretty familiar with UF assistant Jules Montinar.
"He gave me my first offer when he was at USF," Graves explained. "They said that I was one of the best DBs that worked out for them just with my drills."
As a junior, Graves got snaps at both cornerback and wide receiver. He totaled 26 tackles, four pass breakups and an interception while catching 27 passes for 500 yards and four touchdowns on the other side of the ball. The nation's No. 15-ranked athlete per 247Sports also blocked a punt and blocked a kick for a Bishop Verot squad that made the Sunshine State's 3A state playoffs.
Graves is listed 6-foot-1, 175 pounds. He went 11.01 in the 100-meter dash back in March.

Advertisement
Back