2022 4 Star WR Isaiah Horton Commits to Miami

I like the pull but alot of your descriptions are giving me nightmares of the kid we got from GA a few years back that ended up transferring after a year or so..(looked it up..Marquez Ezzard) I remember folks saying he was big, fought for the ball, and had ball skills but lacked explosiveness and couldnt get seperation as often as most you like. Lets hope this isnt the same case here.

Advertisement
fd955-jogo-colorido.gif

I like the pull but alot of your descriptions are giving me nightmares of the kid we got from GA a few years back that ended up transferring after a year or so..(looked it up..Marquez Ezzard) I remember folks saying he was big, fought for the ball, and had ball skills but lacked explosiveness and couldnt get seperation as often as most you like. Lets hope this isnt the same case here.
If they said that they were wrong. Ezzard was a YAC beast in high school. His best film comes from getting the ball short and turning it into a big play with his underrated shiftiness and physicality. He never showed to be a jump ball winner or a speedy guy so I dont think they are similar players.

Advertisement
If they said that they were wrong. Ezzard was a YAC beast in high school. His best film comes from getting the ball short and turning it into a big play with his underrated shiftiness and physicality. He never showed to be a jump ball winner or a speedy guy so I dont think they are similar players.
This. Ezzard needed to be used as a big body slot on slants and going over the middle (like a bolden). Horton is different, lankier, more of a jump ball prospect, Ezzard made contested catches and had strong hands at the point of attack but was not mossing dudes. I think Ezzard is also listed at 6'2, Horton is taller. Ezzard still may turn into a decent player, transferred home to GT after our abomination season and Dugans leaving and all that.

Does anyone have verified numbers on Horton? I looked but couldnt find any.

Advertisement
Yes. Most people with common sense expected that he would commit to ASU and then start looking around once their staff starting getting suspended/fired. Miami is still very much in it. I think he likes the program but is having doubts about how he would like living in the city of Miami. Sadly, most mopes don't have common sense and immediately started whining that we missed on another top LB target and that Miami's LB recruiting woes continue.
Imo the living in Miami wasn't an issue that just sounded like a plant from ASU because that campus is far far different then everything in Nebraska so if you can fit there you can fit here. I just think his family didn't want him to rush like he was about to do I commiting and if he took a visit while committed to us it'd haunt him later so he was being smart

Advertisement
Yes. Most people with common sense expected that he would commit to ASU and then start looking around once their staff starting getting suspended/fired. Miami is still very much in it. I think he likes the program but is having doubts about how he would like living in the city of Miami. Sadly, most mopes don't have common sense and immediately started whining that we missed on another top LB target and that Miami's LB recruiting woes continue.

I think with Devon, he wants to come to the U but he’s holding off until the season starts what we look like and what the future holds. I think if we’re competitive against Bama and we play well, he’ll come here.

Miami’s culture within the players on campus also made a strong impression on Horton while he was on campus for his official visit.

“When we were in the panel room, one guy asked, ‘How do y’all spend most of y’all time?’ because they had so much free time after workouts. They were just like, ‘We’re always together. We’re really five and up together, so nobody is by themselves. They’re either working out or just trying to better their craft. They’re in the film room or on the field. Every time they go out, it’s together. The campus is beautiful and I just like the brotherhood the players have,” Horton said.

hmmmm…culture change at Miami? Sounds very encouraging.
Welcome to the U young man!

Mark Nope & Kicking Net too??

yoga pants GIF

Advertisement
What I want... no need... to know is what Uncle Luke (the man who almost single handedly cost Miami titles) thinks about our recruiting class.

Nice get. Welcome to the U, kid!

Does it feel odd that, as we approach the start of training camp, there is but one recruit committed from Florida and nobody committed from South Florida (yet)?

I can't recall this ever happening before in all of my years following recruiting. Not complaining, just observing.

Our approach and the results are definitely different this time around.

Advertisement
Back