2022 4-star TE Skinner intrigued by Canes (COMMITS)

Happy to help. I went to school at Tulane and have a bunch of friends still there. Shoot me a message if you need any other recommendations on bars, music, activities, etc.
Will do mate and again, many thanks for the suggestions!!!

Advertisement
Again, where in the FVCK are "metal bleachers" coming from? We need to stop falling for the "anti-stadium" myths.

"It's hard to get students out". That's reality everywhere. UM students are not unique. Not every UF or F$U or certainly even UCF student goes to the games. Same thing at Alabama or Clemson. But when you make it EASY, when it is not a two hour round trip to games, you have a better SHOT at having students show up.

And you need to stop acting like rich people are just giving money as YOU see fit to spend it, as if "stadium" and "bagging more players" are interchangeable. The reason that rich people give money for BUILDINGS is to put their names on them. Legacy. They are not just saying, "yeah, spend my money to 'bag' a player, I don't care, I prefer donating money for anonymous pay-for-play bribes". The Ruiz family wants people going to the Ruiz Family Stadium for the next 50 years.

As for where alums end up living, I know this very well. And, yes, you will have plenty of alums from Tampa and Orlando and Jacksonville and Atlanta and Charlotte who buy season tickets and attend some (not all) games IF THEY ACTUALLY HAD A GOOD TIME ATTENDING GAMES WHEN THEY WERE STUDENTS. And, yes, if we ignore all those people and make it miserable for them to attend games, then you are **** right that they won't care that much when they move to other parts of the country.

Finally, I will wrap this up with a reminder about ONE OF THE MOST COMMON ARGUMENTS that people have made for WHY Miami should support the Athletic Department more:

WHEN THE UNIVERSITY HAS A WINNING FOOTBALL PROGRAM, MORE STUDENTS APPLY, THE UNIVERSITY CAN REJECT MORE STUDENTS, THE SELECTIVITY INDEX INCREASES, AND THE ACADEMIC PROFILE RISES.

And that is true. BUT NOT IF YOU MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR STUDENTS TO ATTEND GAMES. Why in the **** would more students want to apply to and/or attend the University of Miami IF THEY CAN BARELY GET TO THE GAMES ANYHOW.

Yeah, we should throw our entire $20 to $30 million increased investment in the Athletic Department into the garbage, and the potential increase in UM's academic rankings, just so that we can CONTINUE to force UM students into a 2-hour round trip to Hard Rock ALL SO THAT THE PALM BEACH FANS DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE AN EXTRA 12 MILES ON DADE COUNTY EXPRESSWAYS.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

I realize a lot of people don't understand this, particularly the non-alums, but the University is going to have a HUGE problem in about 20-30 years when all of the UM alums from the 80s and 90s start to die off, and we are replaced by the UM alums who never went to any games from 2005-2021 because the team sucked and it was unbelievably difficult to get to Hard Rock.
This just shows how out of touch you are with the students that currently attend UM. They go to Hard Rock Hotel to pre-game and then Uber to the game. Unfortunately our on-the-field product has been **** for so long that most just stay at the hotel. Good team = students asses in seats/good attendance.

I went to every Miami game as a student by taking Metrorail to the Overton stop then walked through homeless encampments to get on a school bus to go to the OB. If the team is good, kids will go. If the team sucks it wouldn't matter if the stadium was a mile away at CG High School - they aren't all going.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This just shows how out of touch you are with the students that currently attend UM. They go to Hard Rock Hotel to pre-game and then Uber to the game. Unfortunately our on-the-field product has been **** for so long that most just stay at the hotel. Good team = students asses in seats/good attendance.

I went to every Miami game as a student by taking Metrorail to the Overton stop then walked through homeless encampments to get on a school bus to go to the OB. If the team is good, kids will go. If the team sucks it wouldn't matter if the stadium was a mile away at CG High School - they aren't all going.
Oh man I did that metrorail-to-bus trek many times as well. I think I did that for the 92 national championship game.

Someone else posted this in Nole Tears. From an FSU board apparently.

Attachments

• 6DB8F7A5-3AD6-4108-8A59-B223809ADA3B.jpeg
    6DB8F7A5-3AD6-4108-8A59-B223809ADA3B.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 543
Advertisement
Advertisement
Additionally during the live there was a point where skinner did say to where ur sanders to “give me your pops number” after the live was over

Advertisement
And how much NIL will be made available to a 4 star tight end? Don’t forget that in the world of supply and demand there has to be demand as well as supply. Just because labor wants to make money does not money that the capitalist (NIL sponsor) wants to pay for that labor. No offense to Skinner but I don’t see a lot of NIL money beating down the door for a tight end.

One thing NIL will do is show us the value of different positions in college football. QB’s and linemen will be at the top. Corner backs and WR’s likely after that unless you are a superstar like Hunter. Just like in the NFL, TE’s, LB’s and safeties will be at the bottom of NIL. That’s why TAM and UT are paying so much for the O and D line.

Advertisement
Back