Mike Rosario (Harrisonburg)
Zach Levenson (Waynesboro)

Florida Collegiate League
Spencer Bodanza (Sanford)

South Florida Collegiate League
Tony Jenkins (Pompano Beach)

Last edited:
Advertisement
From earlier in the spring re: Palmquist, Kayfus, and Yoyo. They are not currently on the Wareham roster but it notes that players who haven’t submitted their medical forms are not yet listed.

I’m wondering with the draft so late, whether we see higher profile prospects that had disappointing springs take some early season temp spots.

Mederos definitely needs innings. Whether him, Rosario, and McFarlane can make a jump like Gates did between frosh and soph year will make or break the team next year

Advertisement
Mederos definitely needs innings. Whether him, Rosario, and McFarlane can make a jump like Gates did between frosh and soph year will make or break the team next year
That is 3 hard throwing young men. They need to learn how to pitch and get mentally tougher but stuff wise if Smith returns we will habe 4 starters that can run it up mid 90s

That is 3 hard throwing young men. They need to learn how to pitch and get mentally tougher but stuff wise if Smith returns we will habe 4 starters that can run it up mid 90s

I'm guessing Smith is gone. Baseball America's rankings have him in the Day 2 range and there's a lot of upside with him.

I'm hoping for a rotation of Palmquist, Rosario, and Mederos next year, with McFarlane as closer.

I'm guessing Smith is gone. Baseball America's rankings have him in the Day 2 range and there's a lot of upside with him.

I'm hoping for a rotation of Palmquist, Rosario, and Mederos next year, with McFarlane as closer.
F’ing Gino hid Smith from the world for 90% of the year. Unbelievable man

He should come back - the kid hit 100MPH in the offseason from a video someone sent. Don't leave money on the table.

And despite the concerns in mid-year, JD is still one of the best all time assistants at Miami. Teach him a straight change, etc. and how to control the count better, and he'll be a potential first round guy in 2022.

Advertisement

I want a weekend rotation of Rosario, Mederos, AMac if Smith leaves and then Walters, Palm and Co slamming the door after 7.

He should come back - the kid hit 100MPH in the offseason from a video someone sent. Don't leave money on the table.

And despite the concerns in mid-year, JD is still one of the best all time assistants at Miami. Teach him a straight change, etc. and how to control the count better, and he'll be a potential first round guy in 2022.

I mean, if I were advising Smith I'd agree. His ERA as a SP was something like 1.50, but given that he didn't make many starts I think teams would want to see more. And he's a Soph in terms of eligibility so he'd still have leverage next year.

But if a team offers him something like 3rd rd money that'd be tough to pass up

What's the story with summer leagues requiring covid vaccination and UM players refusing? Bunch of guys will not be playing this summer if true.

What's the story with summer leagues requiring covid vaccination and UM players refusing? Bunch of guys will not be playing this summer if true.
If so, let them spend the summer on S&C, working on secondary pitches for the pitchers and have the position players spend the entire summer in the new indoor cages hitting nothing but off speed breaking balls. Come next spring, we'll know who was motivated to get better and who wasn't.

Advertisement
Love it. I already told my friends and family, if they make these young men and women get the vaccine I won’t watch another college game the rest of my life

I want Palm in the closer role till he leaves here.

Three more playing for Woodstock in the Valley League. Good to see Regaldo added to the roster, I think he left injured last time he appeared so thankfully it must not have been serious.

Advertisement

Dont believe th100, kid was throwing 93-94 in the 1st inning of the ACC tournament and 90-91 for the remainder of his outing.

CJ Kayfus and Jose Izarra are playing for the Wisconsin Woodchucks in the Northwoods League. Kayfus will make his first start tonight. Dominic Pitelli is playing in the Northwoods as well for the Kalamazoo Growers.

Both teams have a history with UM players. Gabe Rivera played for Kalamazoo in 2019. And the Woodchucks have featured Alex Toral, Isaac Quinones and Adam Frank in prior seasons.

Northwoods League players are tested and prepared for pro ball unlike in any other league. Many of these summer leagues are walks in the park with weekly or even semiweekly days off. Not the Northwoods. Travel, playing conditions, fan support, facilities and level of competition mirrors the minors in the Northwoods more than any other league by far.

Advertisement
Back