• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

2021 Summer Ball

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Cape Cod
Alex McFarlane (Chatham)
Victor Mederos (Chatham-on full roster but not active roster)

Valley League
Luis Espinal (Covington)
Mike Rosario (Harrisonburg)

Last edited:

scane

Redshirt Freshman
From earlier in the spring re: Palmquist, Kayfus, and Yoyo. They are not currently on the Wareham roster but it notes that players who haven’t submitted their medical forms are not yet listed.

scane

Redshirt Freshman
I’m wondering with the draft so late, whether we see higher profile prospects that had disappointing springs take some early season temp spots.

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
Mederos definitely needs innings. Whether him, Rosario, and McFarlane can make a jump like Gates did between frosh and soph year will make or break the team next year

Gooner#44

Recruit
Mederos definitely needs innings. Whether him, Rosario, and McFarlane can make a jump like Gates did between frosh and soph year will make or break the team next year
That is 3 hard throwing young men. They need to learn how to pitch and get mentally tougher but stuff wise if Smith returns we will habe 4 starters that can run it up mid 90s

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
That is 3 hard throwing young men. They need to learn how to pitch and get mentally tougher but stuff wise if Smith returns we will habe 4 starters that can run it up mid 90s

I'm guessing Smith is gone. Baseball America's rankings have him in the Day 2 range and there's a lot of upside with him.

I'm hoping for a rotation of Palmquist, Rosario, and Mederos next year, with McFarlane as closer.

BP Joe

Recruit
I'm guessing Smith is gone. Baseball America's rankings have him in the Day 2 range and there's a lot of upside with him.

I'm hoping for a rotation of Palmquist, Rosario, and Mederos next year, with McFarlane as closer.
He should come back - the kid hit 100MPH in the offseason from a video someone sent. Don't leave money on the table.

And despite the concerns in mid-year, JD is still one of the best all time assistants at Miami. Teach him a straight change, etc. and how to control the count better, and he'll be a potential first round guy in 2022.

Gooner#44

Recruit

I want a weekend rotation of Rosario, Mederos, AMac if Smith leaves and then Walters, Palm and Co slamming the door after 7.

TheRichtShow

Sophomore
He should come back - the kid hit 100MPH in the offseason from a video someone sent. Don't leave money on the table.

And despite the concerns in mid-year, JD is still one of the best all time assistants at Miami. Teach him a straight change, etc. and how to control the count better, and he'll be a potential first round guy in 2022.

I mean, if I were advising Smith I'd agree. His ERA as a SP was something like 1.50, but given that he didn't make many starts I think teams would want to see more. And he's a Soph in terms of eligibility so he'd still have leverage next year.

But if a team offers him something like 3rd rd money that'd be tough to pass up

BP Joe

Recruit
What's the story with summer leagues requiring covid vaccination and UM players refusing? Bunch of guys will not be playing this summer if true.
If so, let them spend the summer on S&C, working on secondary pitches for the pitchers and have the position players spend the entire summer in the new indoor cages hitting nothing but off speed breaking balls. Come next spring, we'll know who was motivated to get better and who wasn't.

Allabouttheu95

Freshman
What's the story with summer leagues requiring covid vaccination and UM players refusing? Bunch of guys will not be playing this summer if true.
Love it. I already told my friends and family, if they make these young men and women get the vaccine I won’t watch another college game the rest of my life

Miami04

Senior

I want Palm in the closer role till he leaves here.