2021 Summer Ball

Kayfus was 2-4 tonight in his second start in Wausau and Izarra made his first start. Kayfus actually drove in Izarra on a single in the fifth.

Advertisement
Opening night in Chatham was stellar for Fed. He pitched 3.0 allowing a run with 6K/0BB. Mederos got the start but only went 2.1 allowing four runs on three hits with 3K/4BB. Both are on temp contracts, so Mederos is going to have to pick it up if he wants to stick more than a couple weeks.

Advertisement
Love it but this pic makes Kayfus look like a little league player lol. Hopefully he adds some good muscle in the offseason. Kids gna be a stud either way tho
Agree - the baseball skills are there, but we'd better have several guys on some serious S&C in the offseason.

Mike Rosario is off to a really good start at the plate, batting .308 in 26 at bats with a homer and four RBIs. It’s not going as well on the mound where he has a 9.00 ERA in 5.0 IP. Interestingly he’s had an ERA of 9.00 in each of his three individual appearances.

Mike Rosario is off to a really good start at the plate, batting .308 in 26 at bats with a homer and four RBIs. It’s not going as well on the mound where he has a 9.00 ERA in 5.0 IP. Interestingly he’s had an ERA of 9.00 in each of his three individual appearances.
Good to hear - we'll need his bat more than his arm.

I read it more as a very smart play to get a last pre-draft audition in front of scouts.
His emotions in that last game didn't appear to be those of someone returning, but you never know. If he doesn't go in the 20 rounds, hopefully he'd come back vs sign as a FA. We need his leadership and passion in the dugout.

Advertisement
His emotions in that last game didn't appear to be those of someone returning, but you never know. If he doesn't go in the 20 rounds, hopefully he'd come back vs sign as a FA. We need his leadership and passion in the dugout.
Yeah, that seemed like farewell from 99

Advertisement
Jake Smith has been added to the Cotuit roster
Interesting. Let's hope that means he isn't getting the 2021 MLB draft attention he was hoping for. Is that a possible explanation, or do these kids simply want to try to impress right up until draft day, if you know?

Interesting. Let's hope that means he isn't getting the 2021 MLB draft attention he was hoping for. Is that a possible explanation, or do these kids simply want to try to impress right up until draft day, if you know?
Gotta be trying to raise his stock. He was a top 100 guy coming into this year and he didn’t get a full workload, so it’s probably not a big deal for him to log another 20 innings.

Advertisement
Izarra and Kayfus in the one and two spots for Wisconsin Woodchucks tonight next to each other in the infield.

It becomes more and more clear that Kayfus especially was criminally underused this past season for the Hurricanes. Question is if Izarra can be the answer at second next year offensively.

Attachments

• B240E1E3-45B2-4B89-8D42-69C00F01AF85.jpeg
    B240E1E3-45B2-4B89-8D42-69C00F01AF85.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 8
I really, really want him to lockdown a weekend spot. I thought last year he and Smith both should have been in there once the wheels fell off Mederos and Rosario, and never liked Fed or Garland in there.
Yep. If he, Rosario, and Mederos pitch up to their hype we’ll have a good rotation and great closer.

I have to assume he and Fed are there to raise their stock. I’m kinda wondering whether Del should be too with the way his stock has tanked in the last two months. A couple good weeks and he might be able to play his way back into the first round.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back