2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

2. The reason I believe in this player's ranking is ...
Trevor Keels

Trevor Keels (https://rivals.com)
Evans: Trevor Keels was one of the biggest climbers in the new Rivals150 - and rightfully so. He may have been due for a bump months ago, but I guess it is better late than never. Keels has been awesome all winter long and has been a central figure to his Paul VI squad’s big wins on the national platform.

He was utterly dominant against IMG Academy last month and followed it up with an impressive showing at the Hoophall Classic. Keels might not be a super-athletic wing, but he is an underrated perimeter defender with an advanced IQ and feel for the game. Most of all, he can really shoot the ball. If I have to bet on someone, Keels is the guy, which is why his 15th overall ranking is more than deserved.

3. The player I fear we have too low is ...

Bossi: Roosevelt Wheeler made a big move up from No. 56 to No. 41 overall and I could see him climbing much more before the spring and summer end. The Virginia big man is pushing 7-feet tall and he can run. He is also starting to fill out his frame and he’s become productive as a scorer, rebounder and shot blocker. Physically, he reminds me a lot of former five-stars Jalen Smith and Myles Turner, and that’s pretty good company. Georgetown, Kansas, Miami, NC State, Providence, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest are among those who have offered, and I would expect his list to grow.

Advertisement

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10

· Feb 2, 2020

Taking all of your college basketball and recruiting related questions for this week’s #TwitterTuesday

Neal Mollen@NDMollen

What does your spidey sense tell you about Roosevelt Wheeler's ultimate college destination?

10:57 AM - Feb 2, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

See Neal Mollen's other Tweets

NC State. The Wolfpack are the team to beat for four-star junior Roosevelt Wheeler. They have invested the most into his recruitment and is the only program to have already hosted him on an official visit. Just two weeks ago, we reported the news that Kevin Keatts was on hand for one of Wheeler's games and I would expect for Wheeler to remain their top big man priority in the 2021 class. Will that lead to an early commitment?

I am not sure but I am fairly certain that the Wolfpack have already laid the groundwork that might lead to the John Marshall High product playing for Keatts in Raleigh. Georgetown, Kansas, Miami, Providence and Virginia Tech sit among the others that have offered. Louisville has also made a recent push as Wheeler is expected on the ACC program's campus this weekend.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back