N/A
6'10" | 210 LBS | C
JOHN MARSHALL
RICHMOND, VA
CLASS OF 2021
UNDECIDED

Big man
Roosevelt Wheeler
may be as hot as anybody in the class of 2021 when it comes to a recruitment that is really picking up steam.

Over the summer, I thought that the junior from Virginia was one of the most improved players in the country and I've been hearing really good things of late. He's continued to fill out, keeps getting more confident on offense and is really coming out of his shell.
Virginia Tech was the first high major to offer him at the end of the summer and both Miami and N.C. State – where he took a September official visit – soon followed. Over the last month, though, things have really taken off.
Georgetown, Kansas, Providence, Texas A&M and Wake Forest have all tendered recent offers. Wheeler went to Late Night with Roy Williams at the end of September and while North Carolina hasn't offered, the Tar Heels are involved. I'd look for several more offers to be coming soon and I'm expecting Wheeler to turn into a true priority for the majority of the ACC over the winter.

Miami will have 5 available scholarships for the 2021 recruiting class. There are 5 projected seniors (Chris Lykes, Kam McGusty, Sam Wardenburg, Rodney Miller and Nysier Brooks) on the rosters for the 2020-21 season.

Advertisement

Ramses Melendez is a very good prospect who will probably end up at Florida Gulf Coast like Victor Rosa. CPCA is producing some good basketball players.

bv0o6mxqacr0rsgrzfoq

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
K.J.
ADAMS

6'6" | 200 LBS | PF
WESTLAKE
AUSTIN, TX
CLASS OF 2021
UNDECIDED

Chalk up a really solid outing for one of 2021's strongest players, K.J. Adams.

A natural four man who is in the process of expanding his game, Adams is built like a dude that you might assume to be a big time football prospect from looking at him. That strength served him well on Friday as he shook off defenders, bounced off of contact and caused problems from 17 feet and in.
He also showed improved touch and the type of motor and ability to play in multiple styles that coaches love.
He's already seen Baylor, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, and Texas A&M with plenty of others in pursuit.

Adams and Moore do battle

One of the most intriguing matchups was between class of 2020 power forward Chris Moore and class of 2021 forward KJ Adams.

Moore, who is headed to Auburn, is one of the hardest playing kids in the class. Likewise, Adams is someone who is known for his toughness, and at least on Friday it was Adams who got the best of the matchup.

Adams had it working early and often against Moore as Austin Westlake cruised to an easy win over West Memphis.

What was most impressive is the variety of different ways that Adams was able to score. He hit from deep, he scored coming off of screens, and then he also showed the ability to hit in the mid-range or score off the dribble.

While Adams won’t wow anybody with his athleticism or quick twitch abilities, he is a strong player with long arms that knows how to play, and just has the natural gift to get buckets.

For his part, Moore was solid. Moore was giving up an inch or two to Adams, but he still found a way to be impactful on the game.

Moore is a good athlete who is explosive and strong.

Right now, his biggest impact is right around the rim out to about eight feet, and on the glass. Moore will need to continue to expand his game going forward, but the toughness, motor and athleticism play extremely well.

While Moore was good, it was Adams who really shined as things went extremely well for Westlake in a big win.

Advertisement

The IMG Academy strength and conditioning program must be tremendous. Everyone on their team looked to have improved physically. Moussa Diabite and Lynn Kidd especially stood out. Both have added a significant amount of muscle since the summer and appear to be in great shape.

Trevor Keels, 2021, PVI:
Not sure anyone had a better weekend than this junior wing. Keels led PVI to a pair of wins, including a double digit victory over IMG Academy on opening night. A day later, Keels went for 34 points and 10 rebounds against Word of God. Keels is a unique, but skilled wing prospect. Keels has an impressive feel for the game, can score the ball in a variety of ways and can be effective handling the ball. Keel continues to improve as a shot maker from distance, and has a comfort level shooting it from mid-range.

Miami offered him on June 28, 2019. Hopefully he follows Chris Lykes and Ear Timberlake from the DMV to Miami.

Last edited:

lo8o6ryygahqojvtehmq

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
TREVOR
KEELS

6'5" | 210 LBS | SF
PAUL VI
FAIRFAX, VA
CLASS OF 2021
UNDECIDED

Trevor Keels owned the weekend. Check that, he dominated his two games of play. We didn’t give him his due on Saturday but no one improved their national standing more than Keels. Averaging just shy of 30 points and eight rebounds, Keels is the epitome of a winner in every sense.
The basketball version of LeVeon Bell with the ball in his hands, Keels never gets rattled. He plays at his own pace and just like how Bell patiently awaits for the crease to open in the backfield, Keels does as such via the up-fake along the perimeter. He has taken official visits to Ohio State and Virginia already, and is expected to take a few others once his school season ends.

Strong, tough and relentless around the rim, Adams already holds offers from programs like Baylor, Creighton, Florida, Houston, Iowa, Miami, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and more. That doesn't mean he's satisfied with his game.

IN HIS OWN WORDS

bv0o6mxqacr0rsgrzfoq

NATIONAL
-
STATE
POSITION
K.J.
ADAMS

6'6" | 200 LBS | PF
WESTLAKE
AUSTIN, TX
CLASS OF 2021
UNDECIDED

Adams spent the fall taking some unofficial visits and broke down the campuses he's seen.
Baylor: “I really liked how nice the campus is and the core values with all the focus on faith and things like that. That’s really good.”
Oklahoma: “It was another good campus. I really like the way they run their offense and how everybody is on the same page and shares the ball.”
TCU: “It was really good. TCU has a really good campus and I know one of the players Quinton Uribe is a really good family friend. So it’s good, family oriented over there.”
Texas: “I think what stands out is that I’m homegrown and I’ve seen them. So everywhere I go I hear Texas, Texas, Texas.”
Texas A&M: “I’ve been over there twice for an unofficial and then a little invite camp. It was good, I like the campus and it’s different seeing what Coach (Buzz) Williams is doing now that he's there."

I think he commits to a Midwest school but he could transfer to Miami like Sheldon McClellan and Kam McGusty did.

Advertisement

Miami: “They really like me and for my length. They text me a lot and really want for me to get down there for an official visit.”

I really like how this kid plays. If Miami can get him and Trevor Keels out of DC then an ACC Championship should be coming to Coral Gables.

Trevor Keels just got a major bump in his recruitment and rankings due to two really good games. Miami has a lot of competition for him.

Advertisement

Trevor Keels should be priority #1 for Miami in the 2021 recruiting class. He will probably be a top ten recruit at the way his stock is rising.

Miami: “That would be a nice spot to look at. I haven’t been down there on a visit yet but it could be one I go to. I can’t say too much about them since I haven’t been down there but I heard from Earl (Timberlake) that it is a great program. I have seen them on TV and I think that I can fit in there.”

I am glad to see that 2020 Miami commit Earl Timberlake is recruiting 2021 recruit Trevor Keels to Miami. Relationships are important.

Kidd said that no schools have stood out within his recruitment but he also noted that Alabama, Auburn and Florida were among those in contact with him the most often.

Miami should get involved soon and make a very strong push for him. Miami will have 5 scholarships available and Miami will need two bigs.

The 3pointer to get it to the first OT was cool... and the guy edited (sped up) most of the 7 OTs so it wasn't tedious to watch. Yah, pretty amazing, thanks for the posting.

Advertisement
Back