2021 QB Miller Moss receives offer

We’re going to have to knock out this unofficial visit with him. I wonder how does Lashlee view Garcia because he still has a strong relationship with Khalil Brantley
yea IDK. Both Manny and Lashlee have been to see Garcia, too. I have to wonder whether Garcia and Moss will rethink their plans once USC gets everyone back for fall. Kedon Slovis was their very under the radar 3rd string QB this past season who turned out to be a star in Graham Harrell's offense. Their starter - JT Daniels - and the backup - Matt Fink- are due to be back to compete in fall - Going to be a crowded roster...

Advertisement
yea IDK. Both Manny and Lashlee have been to see Garcia, too. I have to wonder whether Garcia and Moss will rethink their plans once USC gets everyone back for fall. Kedon Slovis was their very under the radar 3rd string QB this past season who turned out to be a star in Graham Harrell's offense. Their starter - JT Daniels - and the backup - Matt Fink- are due to be back to compete in fall - Going to be a crowded roster...
Sounds like he’s banking on those guys hitting the portal. I think Slovis is the QB for them but it’ll be interesting if Daniels wins it in training camp

Advertisement
Fvck me! That’s the best footwork I’ve seen from a high school quarterback in quite some time. FWIW his footwork in the pocket is better than about 90% of all college quarterbacks.

Advertisement
New update last night via an interview with Rivals national reporter. Moss attended USC's elite Junior Day last weekend. USC is pursuing Moss as a second QB in their 2021 class, having no QB signed for 2020. He and Jake Garcia are good friends and neither seems to care about the 2 QB class. Here are some highlights from the interview:

- Trojans coach Clay Helton's main messages that day really resonated with him and others in the room. "A big thing that they emphasize is just giving the gift to your family of having them be able to come see you play every week. I think that's a huge thing. And then another message I loved is we had all the top kids sitting in one room from Southern California, and coach Helton goes, 'Do you think the talent in this room could win a national championship?'" "And we're all kind of looking around like, 'What if we did this thing together?' Which I think is a really cool atmosphere and created a really cool effect and just a bond because we've all grown up playing against each other since sixth or seventh grade, so that idea of all of us being able to play together I think would be awesome."

USC signed just one of the top 25 in-state prospects in this 2020 recruiting class.

- He has a top 7 list of Alabama, Cal, Georgia, Michigan, UCLA, USC and Yale, and while that list may be narrowing he's not making any cuts publicly as of yet. No mention of Miami. Ivins said that Lashlee is pushing to get him on campus early in March. "My list is getting shorter for sure. I dropped my top 7, but since then things have condensed further. I'll just leave it at that," he said. "My mom's birthday is March 7, so that was my ideal date. But if I don't feel comfortable at that point in time I'm not going to jump to any decisions. That's my target date, but if that doesn't end up working out that won't be it."

"USC will always hold kind of a special place for me just being the school I grew up watching and rooted for my whole life and that kind of stuff, so absolutely," USC's offensive success in Graham Harrell's first year as offensive coordinator last fall resonated with him as well.

-When it comes time to decide which of his options he thinks is best for him, it will come down to three main factors:

1. A program that will develop me, get me ready hopefully for the next level and also put me in the situation to play as early as possible.
2. The second thing would be the academic side of it. That's always been huge for me and just the way me and my sister have been raised, so the academic side is absolutely important as well if not more important.
3. The third thing would be culture -- just being around guys that have similar goals and have similar drive to be the best possible version of themselves regardless of what it is."

IDK I think Moss is going to stay out west. He's also visited Stanford. Lashlee and Manny have a lot of work to do here and it doesn't seem like he will wait until fall to make a commitment. If he DOES come to visit right away in March, we may have a shot.
I think he's staying out West as well. It's a lot to ask a player to move across the country. Obviously this could change if that canes win 10-11 Games next season

Interesting.... Here's the brief write up from the Under Armour All America Camp in LA today: (from the national 247 writer)

ALPHA DOG - QB Miller Moss, Mission Hills (Calif.) Bishop Alemany

The 6-foot-2, 197-pound prospect didn't appear at all affected by the wet and gusty weather at Mission Viejo Stadium. Moss was accurate to all levels of the field, repeatedly hit receivers in stride both during one-on-one battles and in the 7-on-7 portion of camp, and looked poised in connecting on his deep ball. He was smooth mechanically and showed off his arm strength on a number of impressive throws over the middle where he fit them into tight windows. With 20 scholarship offers on the table, the likes of California, Miami, Northwestern and UCLA are high on the list, while Stanford is also one to monitor closely. Moss earned an invite to the 2021 Under Armour All-America Game with his performance.

Advertisement

1581337409529.png

Advertisement
Definitely don't think Moss is leaving Cali. There is an interesting discussion on the UCLA board about Moss and Garcia. The West Coast 247 insider- Greg Biggins - is usually pretty spot on about guys he covers. It seems there's a pretty well established relationship at UCLA between Moss and Chip Kelly. Kelly has personally been recruiting Moss for a long time. He also has a very good relationship with Moss's mother. UCLA feels pretty good about landing him. The only hitch to this could be if he decides to be part of a two QB class for USC.

Biggins said that Moss really wanted an offer from Stanford - his mother is an alumni- but he hasn't gotten it. AT this point, he believes it's too late. He had some interesting comments about Garcia and Moss, comparing the two etc.

Some of Biggins comments:

The school to watch out for now more then even Cal I think is USC. That's his dream school and there's talk they want a 2nd QB. He's very confident he could beat out Jake Garcia and he's also close with a lot of players that are looking at SC right now. Cal is still doing well and Stanford is an option but my guess is it will be one of the two L.A schools. Chip has personally invested a lot of time in the recruitment and the mom told me they talk X and Os all the time and Miller really loves that part of the game and position.

"Although Garcia is a top 15 player in the nation, Moss thinks he can beat him out.

Moss is a more talented player and that will be reflected in our next rankings. Among their peers in the area, you won't find anyone who likes Garcia more, my guess is if Moss does commit there, I could see Garcia opening things up."

UCLA was never that high on Garcia, if they lost out on Moss, I'm not sure who they would pivot to. Yesterday UCLA offered Texas QB Kaidon Salter. I expect more offers like that to go out to cover their bases. I still think UCLA feels good about Moss.

I think if Miller does pick USC, I could see UCLA giving Jake another hard look. His girlfriend runs track at UCLA so he's on campus a lot already and does have a solid relationship with the staff. I would definitely offer him if Moss ended up at SC.

Much of this conversation came from Moss's interview after last weekend's Under Armour camp event in Cali. It doesn't really seem like either Moss or Garcia will leave the West Coast.

Advertisement
Back