2021 QB Jay Allen

What are we waiting on to offer this kid...He looks like a no brainer offer to me...Kid is a playmaker and we need playmakers. Don’t over think it.
You guys fall in love too quickly. He’s a project with an average arm and a baseball wind up. His development depends on how much strength he gains. He is far from a sure thing and should be treated as QB2.

Advertisement
He's a project, but a talented one. I think he can be coached up. Like others have said, a three sport star is usually coachable. They wouldn't be three sport stars otherwise.

Now, I wish they'd stop stopping plays to circle the QB. We all know the QB is the one with the ball snapped from center. It ruins the flow of the highlights. I get marking other players, but not the QB. There is only one on the field. Am I the only one that this bothers?

The kid brought the footballs sent to them ahead of the Elite 11 competition with him to the weekend baseball tourney. He threw between games. He acknowledged its a transition to throw in baseball to football and wanted to be sure he was ready today. You cannot dismiss the drive to be the best...

Advertisement
You guys fall in love too quickly. He’s a project with an average arm and a baseball wind up. His development depends on how much strength he gains. He is far from a sure thing and should be treated as QB2.

Average arm and baseball wind up with an elite 11 invite, it’s probably a good thing your not running elite 11 and staying put behind the computer.

He’s also the starting point guard. Multi-sport QBs tend to develop quickly when they can focus on football. Urban said that Burrow wasn’t a great thrower when he first evaluated him.
Yeah I watched some of his camp cutups when he got drafted, it wasn't the prettiest lol

Average arm and baseball wind up with an elite 11 invite, it’s probably a good thing your not running elite 11 and staying put behind the computer.
Kirby freeman and Jarren Williams all went to the elite 11. Stop acting as if it’s an end all. Do you know how many QBs that camp has missed?

Kirby freeman and Jarren Williams all went to the elite 11. Stop acting as if it’s an end all. Do you know how many QBs that camp has missed?
They “missed“ on Jarren because of what’s in his head, not his arm talent, which is what they evaluate

Advertisement
Elite 11 isn't everything, but it's a starting point. 32 percent reach the NFL. 11 of the last 12 Heisman QB's also were participants. 35 percent also bust in college. Again, it's a starting point and a great honor for those who get to go. It isn't perfect, but it's the best we've got at as an elite level QB camp.

Elite 11 isn't everything, but it's a starting point. 32 percent reach the NFL. 11 of the last 12 Heisman QB's also were participants. 35 percent also bust in college. Again, it's a starting point and a great honor for those who get to go. It isn't perfect, but it's the best we've got at as an elite level QB camp.
32% is about as high as you can get to predict a qb. Definitely deserves a look imo. I wasn’t wowed by his film but no one can predict which kid can take the next step. Plenty of highly rated passers that came here that were never able to. Look at all the qb’s in the last several years that came here and were never able to even see the field.

The kid brought the footballs sent to them ahead of the Elite 11 competition with him to the weekend baseball tourney. He threw between games. He acknowledged its a transition to throw in baseball to football and wanted to be sure he was ready today. You cannot dismiss the drive to be the best...
That says alot about the kid...

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s the top outfielder in the state of Florida. Do you think he wants to go fight for a starting spot on the football team instead of taking the 6 figure payout he has coming 12 months from now? Serious question. He’s the opposite of Kyler Murray. He’s getting looks at QB bc of his potential, but will get drafted to play baseball bc of he can flat out play.
The opposite of Murray? Dude was drafted in the first round by the A's.

Consensus reports say he's the worst performer at the elite 11. I guess that's kind of to be expected when he's getting young Lamar comps, but it's still not a great look.

The opposite of Murray? Dude was drafted in the first round by the A's.

I wasn’t commenting on his draft slot. Opposite meaning proven talent on the football field and all potential on the diamond. This kid is the opposite. Proven on the diamond and all potential on the football field.

Advertisement
Back