2021 QB Jay Allen

"And he told me a little story about how when he was at Auburn he tried to get Gus Malzahn to offer a guy named Lamar Jackson. And he goes `I’m having flashbacks to that.’”

I did not know this.... Gives me quite a bit of confidence in Lashlee's evaluations

I'd definitely take this kid over Garcia

Advertisement
"And he told me a little story about how when he was at Auburn he tried to get Gus Malzahn to offer a guy named Lamar Jackson. And he goes `I’m having flashbacks to that.’”

I did not know this.... Gives me quite a bit of confidence in Lashlee's evaluations

I'd definitely take this kid over Garcia
No. If you can’t tell that’s just a recruiting pitch then I got a lake house in NYC to sell you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A consensus Top 250 kid is a 'developmental prospect'? Only on CIS

Top 250 prospects in the QB room at Miami within the last 6 months:

Williams, Jarren
Perry, N’Kosi
Martell, Tate

All took a redshirt year. None turned out to be very good. I love TVD’s skill set. But he needs to get a lot stronger (like almost all incoming freshmen too). He also played in Connecticut, which isn’t exactly a high school football hotbed. He will need time to adjust to the speed of the game (like almost all incoming freshmen too). He also didn’t play in a system akin to Lashlee’s in HS. He will need time to learn the nuances of a Briles/Dykes system (like almost all incoming freshmen would).

Speaking of only on CIS, only on CIS is saying a kid needs a couple years to refine his skills construed as a bad thing. Because he’s a Top 250 prospect he’s ready to start as a freshman? GTFO.

Top 250 prospects in the QB room at Miami within the last 6 months:

Williams, Jarren
Perry, N’Kosi
Martell, Tate

All took a redshirt year. None turned out to be very good. I love TVD’s skill set. But he needs to get a lot stronger (like almost all incoming freshmen too). He also played in Connecticut, which isn’t exactly a high school football hotbed. He will need time to adjust to the speed of the game (like almost all incoming freshmen too). He also didn’t play in a system akin to Lashlee’s in HS. He will need time to learn the nuances of a Briles/Dykes system (like almost all incoming freshmen would).

Speaking of only on CIS, only on CIS is saying a kid needs a couple years to refine his skills construed as a bad thing. Because he’s a Top 250 prospect he’s ready to start as a freshman? GTFO.

Always funny to read brain-dead all-or-nothing comparisons.

Either Van Dyke is "ready to start as a freshman" or he's a "developmental/non-college-ready" quarterback. There's nothing in-between. Top 250 QBs suddenly become "developmental" if the coaching staff redshirts them in the first year. You are only a "college-ready" QB if you start as a true freshman, regardless of a school's needs or non-needs.

The nonsense that you read on this board.

ToiletBowlMagic strikes again.

Always funny to read brain-dead all-or-nothing comparisons.

Either Van Dyke is "ready to start as a freshman" or he's a "developmental/non-college-ready" quarterback. There's nothing in-between. Top 250 QBs suddenly become "developmental" if the coaching staff redshirts them in the first year. You are only a "college-ready" QB if you start as a true freshman, regardless of a school's needs or non-needs.

The nonsense that you read on this board.

ToiletBowlMagic strikes again.

Good stuff. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were actually learning.

Advertisement
I actually like Jay Allen a lot as a qb prospect. Raw, but a lot to work with. And, I’d love to stick it to O’Sullivan and UF Baseball.

However, I’m concerned this whole “I want to play football” thing is a charade geared are creating leverage for the MLB 21 draft. He is a likely 1st round pick so leverage to move up and increase guaranteed money is real. I’m just suspect on him ever playing college football.

I actually like Jay Allen a lot as a qb prospect. Raw, but a lot to work with. And, I’d love to stick it to O’Sullivan and UF Baseball.

However, I’m concerned this whole “I want to play football” thing is a charade geared are creating leverage for the MLB 21 draft. He is a likely 1st round pick so leverage to move up and increase guaranteed money is real. I’m just suspect on him ever playing college football.
He won't be eligible for the 21 draft he has to be 3 years removed from highschool

Advertisement

I don’t follow HS baseball/MLB draft at all....this kid is considered a first round pick possibly next summer in baseball??

Advertisement
Back