2021 QB Jay Allen

Kyler Murray says hi
Kyler Murray didn’t enter the draft coming out of high school. He was picked 8th overall after two years of college. It’s rare that a projected top 10 pick in baseball goes to college.

Advertisement
Kyler Murray didn’t enter the draft coming out of high school. He was picked 8th overall after two years of college. It’s rare that a projected top 10 pick in baseball goes to college.
Kyler was one of the top prospects in the country for baseball in 2015 and he decided to stick with football after not putting his name in the MLB draft.
Not saying that Jay will do the same thing but he could easily opt for college baseball/football instead.

LOL I knew someone would chime in with Kyler Murray.

Kyler Murray had 2 guaranteed million dollar options to choose from. He chose football.

This kid, if he’s really a first round pick, will have 7 figures staring at him on one table, and the other table has a LOI to go to school to potentially get to that 7 figure payday.

Not even remotely the same situation.

Bo.jpg

Kids this good at baseball don’t go to college.

Advertisement
Kyler was one of the top prospects in the country for baseball in 2015 and he decided to stick with football after not putting his name in the MLB draft.
Not saying that Jay will do the same thing but he could easily opt for college baseball/football instead.
Kyler wouldn’t had been a legit 1st rounder out of high school. A comp pick maybe but he was too raw coming out of high school. He was even raw coming out of college, was a potential pick and wasn’t considered a sure thing.

LOL I knew someone would chime in with Kyler Murray.

Kyler Murray had 2 guaranteed million dollar options to choose from. He chose football.

This kid, if he’s really a first round pick, will have 7 figures staring at him on one table, and the other table has a LOI to go to school to potentially get to that 7 figure payday.

Not even remotely the same situation.
Oh...really? Jay Allen’s the best QB in the country now? Because Kyler was the best QB in the country and went to 2 big time bag schools that would’ve happily obliged him when it came to a “signing” bonus.

Why is Martell still **** bent on playing a position, QB, that he has no long term future in? He should move to a slot WR. Is it him or the coaches I wonder....

Good question. I just try to stay open minded at the fact that any of the qbs who had to deal with Enos didn't get a fair shake at all.

With that being said Martell wouldn't beat out Harley or restrepo for slot wr duties either so who knows.

Oh...really? Jay Allen’s the best QB in the country now? Because Kyler was the best QB in the country and went to 2 big time bag schools that would’ve happily obliged him when it came to a “signing” bonus.

How could you possibly have gleaned that Jay Allen is the best QB in the country from what I wrote???

Kyler Murray was not a first round pick in baseball coming out of HS, aka he didn't have an option to become a millionaire as an 18 year old. Jay Allen, from this thread, seems to be a potential first round pick out of HS, so he has (maybe) the option to become a millionaire an an 18 year old, which would almost certainly seriously impact a decision about whether or not to go to college. Murray and Allen are totally different situations as HS prospects.

Advertisement
How could you possibly have gleaned that Jay Allen is the best QB in the country from what I wrote???

Kyler Murray was not a first round pick in baseball coming out of HS, aka he didn't have an option to become a millionaire as an 18 year old. Jay Allen, from this thread, seems to be a potential first round pick out of HS, so he has (maybe) the option to become a millionaire an an 18 year old, which would almost certainly seriously impact a decision about whether or not to go to college. Murray and Allen are totally different situations as HS prospects.
Except Jarrion Ealy made this very decision last year...as an RB. So did Maurice Hampton of LSU.

I have read their are talks about the draft next June being another shortened one. Idk if it’ll be 5 rounds again, I’m assuming more but not the usual length. Like this year, in shortened drafts, teams won’t pick you unless you’re going to sign especially high schoolers. Everyone should know well before hand if he’s got his name in there or not.

That’s just because he wanted to play football. He would have went in the first round no matter when he decided to enter the draft

That’s just because he wanted to play football. He would have went in the first round no matter when he decided to enter the draft
Would he gave gone first round? In baseball, you can enter the draft and chose not to sign if you’re not happy with your draft position. You can re enter later on. If you’re a projected early selection, why would you not enter the draft? You could always turn the money down if you want but it seems careless to not even bother entering the draft if you’re really that big of a high school prospect

Advertisement
I'm into it. Only apprehension I have is this would be 3 straight classes taking somewhat of a developmental kid rather than a more "college ready" prospect. Now, 2 things to that: 1. You could argue (and I have many times) that there are less sure things at QB than any other position. So who is really college ready and who is developmental? These kids bust at the highest rate of any other position grouping. There's certainly no guarantee that Garcia or Milroe amount to **** in college. And also, 2. I'm sure someone will tell me TVD is not a developmental kid, although I could argue to the contrary. But that's another discussion.

But Matocha, TVD, and this kid in 3 straight classes.....someone better be nailing one of these evals or it's going to be Grad Transfer U for the foreseeable future here.

I am cemented in the camp that you MUST take a QB in every class. So, with Covid, a new staff needing to prove itself, the program as a whole needing to prove a whole lot to attract elite, non-local kids.....if this is the best you think you can get, I'm all for it. His film is certainly intriguing.
I'd view every QB as a prospect that needs development. Even 5 star can't miss QBs often fall flat when they are rushed into starting. You simply can't think you're getting a starter next season when you recruit a QB. ****, look at Perry, for example. 90% of this board thought he'd start day one.

This is why a QB coach and good OC is critical for a young QB. Think of the disasters our QBs have had "developing" and recruiting them. Look at the horrific systems they played in. We have completely neglected the QB position, and have not had a system in place for one of them to succeed. Well, Richt pulled a mini miracle getting all he could out of Rosier in 2017, but still, where was the QB prospect that should have been able to replace him? Rosier simply wasn't talented enough to play the position a whole season without getting exposed.

He definitely doesn't have Lamar Jackson's freakish athletic ability & pure speed, but he's is a natural athlete with very good ability. He's probably a better Baseball player than Football, but if he wants to play both he definitely has the talent to do so.

His arm is not that bad, he has good velocity on the ball & can sling it down field, he can make off platform throws & throws well on the run. The question with him will be his accuracy on throws outside the hashes & being more consistent with his base in his footwork.

To me he looks like Greg Ward Jr who was a very good athletic College QB & had really good Junior/Senior seasons.

If we can't flip Garcia I wouldn't mind flipping this kid from UF for both Football & Baseball, he also goes to Jahfari Harvey's old school John Carroll before he transferred to Vero Beach, in that Fort Pierce, Port St Lucie, Jensen etc regions north of PB that produces some pretty good football players & are areas we need to hit harder on the recruiting trail.

In the right system he can be developed into a good productive starter, if Lashlee offers him it'll be because they probably feel less confident in Garcia, or at least just having a backup plan in case the Garica situation doesn't work out.

Advertisement
I still like the kid. If we ended up with him he'll need time to develop but I believe he's a fit for our offense.
If we think TVD is who we hope he can be, then we can afford to sit Allen for a year as he grasps the offense.

Advertisement
Back