2021 QB Aaron McLaughlin receives offer

McLaughlin looks the part, has a big time arm and already has great size. The knock on him is the "cerebral" part. He's not supposed have a great football IQ.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Solid kid imo thing that really stands out is ball placement which is huge at the next level not only leading kids for more yard but I saw a couple clips that if he led the kid said kid gets blasted and most likely drops the ball so he makes the kid sit to save him. The biggest problem he has imo is the staring down of wrs he does it majority of the time and to me that is the hardest thing for a QB to fix
That's been a problem with our QBs for years, going back to Kyle Wright.

Advertisement
Lol you dislike him that much bro?
No. I don't dislike him I just think we can do so much better going after the TX QB's.

McLaughlin is a big arm QB with good athleticism, but has a bit of an elongated wind up & has had underwhelming performances in HS. He's more of a developmental project QB than a plug & play guy.

Guys like Milroe, Davis, Robertson, Drones, Higley etc, can all come in & compete right away as TF's. We need an instant impact QB to carry on whatever success we have with King from this season.

No. I don't dislike him I just think we can do so much better going after the TX QB's.

McLaughlin is a big arm QB with good athleticism, but has a bit of an elongated wind up & has had underwhelming performances in HS. He's more of a developmental project QB than a plug & play guy.

Guys like Milroe, Davis, Robertson, Drones, Higley etc, can all come in & compete right away as TF's. We need an instant impact QB to carry on whatever success we have with King from this season.

Do you like the Zion Turner offer?

Advertisement

First if Perry is still here in 2021, he will be the starter

Second, dont sleep on Van Dyke or Matocha we got in the 2019 class. I dont see us starting another freshman at QB for a while here.

Do you like the Zion Turner offer?
I got no problem with it, he's got some good arm talent & shows promise.

I'd like to see more production, but STA has such a ****** offense that's predicated on just having better athletes than everyone they play, it's not all on him why they don't throw it more often.

For the 22 class I like Quinn Ewers, Garret Rangel, Braedyn Locke & AJ Duffy a lot more, they're all better pure passers, but I wanna see how Zion progresses his Junior year & if they let him air it out more this season.

Advertisement
Thats false, everyone said Perry was the second best QB on the roster in Spring.

I don't think everyone did. There were a few .... The loss of spring probably hurts DVD more than any of them. Hopefully he will pick it up fast when they can resume workouts...

Advertisement

My theory is that Miami will become a destination for transfer QBs like Oklahoma because of Lashlee's offense. QB recruiting is going to be quite different when it turns into a problem of recruiting HS qbs that will probably have to sit behind an experienced transfer QB.

That’s not true at all. You should go back and read articles and listen to pods with people who watched practice.
@2.0 doesn't know ****. We are still waiting for the 3 silents from dinner back in December or whenever the **** it was. Dude reaches more than anyone on this board.

@2.0 doesn't know ****. We are still waiting for the 3 silents from dinner back in December or whenever the **** it was. Dude reaches more than anyone on this board.

You must have been living under a rock and missed it where Ivins cleared up what happened. Nobody is waiting but you.

And where is the reach? Nobody said the TVD passed Perry and some people feel if Perry does a good job playing his and developing. Good Chance he is the starter in 2021 with TVD or Matocha has his backup. Personally I hope King is the last GT we take at QB for a while.

Advertisement
Back