NFL 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Advertisement
Bro, we have 2 guys that don’t value RB that highly. We’re probably going RB in the 3rd. That is usually where the patriots take RBs.
I take this back even though the Hunter Long pick doesn’t displease me.

Marshall at 59. Claypool at 49. JuJu at 62. Metcalf at 64. Kupp at 69. Godwin at 84. Galloday at 96.

Just wait to take a WR ya donks
I was a huge Marshall guy. I thought he was a back end first round talent.

I take this back even though the Hunter Long pick doesn’t displease me.
They should have drafted Sermon. There is no need for another TE when we have a few that are capable: Gesicki, Smythe, Shaheen.

Meanwhile, there is a glaring need for a running back and now Sermon was snatched up by San Francisco. I don't like any of the remaining backs, they're all small or Stevenson is too big/slow. MAYBE Hubbard could be decent, but I think Miami is going to suck in the run game again and we can point to back to back drafts where they wantonly disregarded the position as to why.

Advertisement
Why draft Anthony Schwartz when you already have Donovan Peoples-Jones? How many 1-trick pony play action deep threats do the Browns need?

Advertisement
They should have drafted Sermon. There is no need for another TE when we have a few that are capable: Gesicki, Smythe, Shaheen.

Meanwhile, there is a glaring need for a running back and now Sermon was snatched up by San Francisco. I don't like any of the remaining backs, they're all small or Stevenson is too big/slow. MAYBE Hubbard could be decent, but I think Miami is going to suck in the run game again and we can point to back to back drafts where they wantonly disregarded the position as to why.
I get but none of those TEs can do what Long can do plus if he somehow performs as well as Gesicki then we don’t have to pay Gesicki. At the end of the day, no matter how productive Gesicki is in the red zone he’s still a one trick pony and will always be limited to being out wide. Long won’t. Jarret Patterson and Khalil Herbert are gonna be there later. They’re not the fastest dudes but they’re HR hitters with really good vision.

I get but none of those TEs can do what Long can do plus if he somehow performs as well as Gesicki then we don’t have to pay Gesicki. At the end of the day, no matter how productive Gesicki is in the red zone he’s still a one trick pony and will always be limited to being out wide. Long won’t. Jarret Patterson and Khalil Herbert are gonna be there later. They’re not the fastest dudes but they’re HR hitters with really good vision.
This TE Long doesn't look nearly as good as Gesicki. If the impetus behind the pick was to replace Gesicki, it will go down with a long list of failures whereby we ditched talented players that went on to do well elsewhere (Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker, Kenyan Drake, and even Ryan Tannehill among many others).

Advertisement
This TE Long doesn't look nearly as good as Gesicki. If the impetus behind the pick was to replace Gesicki, it will go down with a long list of failures whereby we ditched talented players that went on to do well elsewhere (Jarvis Landry, Wes Welker, Kenyan Drake, and even Ryan Tannehill among many others).
Dude looks like Tyler Higbee. Tyler Higbee is a better TE than Gesicki.

Born & raised, pimp. I think Fields is a great prospect, but I’m leery af against all OSU QBs. My hope is Fields breaks the cycle of suckeyes QBs. True story: in OSU’s history, they've never had a QB throw for 3,000 yrds or 20 TDs in a single season in NFL history. Smh.

We’ll see man. I’m a Fields fan, so hoping he breaks the mold & brings us to the 21st century.
Bruh u my boy but he's trash just giving u the heads up

Advertisement
I was a huge Marshall guy. I thought he was a back end first round talent.
Me too. This feels like too big of an overreaction to the medicals.

Tutu going 2 picks before Marshall has an Andy Isabella going 2 picks before DK Metcalf feel to me. I mean, good for Tutu, but those guys aren't in the same league IMO

I like Marshall getting reunited with Joe Brady, but not real optimistic about Sam Bradford as the QB.

I would've gone Sermon too. I like Herbert if he's there in the 5th. Hard to see what the long term plan is at RB because next years RB class will be even weaker than this year.

Seems like this regime will be fine just trying to find bargains and 1 year and band-aids at RB - which can work but is a bit risky.

Me too. This feels like too big of an overreaction to the medicals.

Tutu going 2 picks before Marshall has an Andy Isabella going 2 picks before DK Metcalf feel to me. I mean, good for Tutu, but those guys aren't in the same league IMO

I like Marshall getting reunited with Joe Brady, but not real optimistic about Sam Bradford as the QB.

Darnold lol

Michael Carter instantly the best runner and receiver on the Jets. And Zach Wilson needs all the run game help he can get.

Advertisement
Back