2021 MLB Draft Discussion

Advertisement
Close call for whether it's more pathetic how poorly our draft eligible kids made out, or how bad we look for next year. What a disaster.

Close call for whether it's more pathetic how poorly our draft eligible kids made out, or how bad we look for next year. What a disaster.

It really isn't close. We should be better, probably much better as long as Rosario, Palmquist, and McFarlane stay healthy.

I don't get the doom and gloom, college baseball is 80% starting pitching. I'll take those 3 next year against almost anyone

Advertisement
It really isn't close. We should be better, probably much better as long as Rosario, Palmquist, and McFarlane stay healthy.

I don't get the doom and gloom, college baseball is 80% starting pitching. I'll take those 3 next year against almost anyone
We went from a perennial Omaha program to a program that might make the NCAAT as a 2 seed in a good year. And just about every hitter gets worse year to year. There's your doom and gloom.

Why does everybody assume Palm will start? Seems like a repeat of Federman to force him into a starting role. He’s a proven weapon at the back end. Why jeopardize that?

Advertisement
Because he wants to start.
Just because he wants to start, doesn't mean that's his best position. MLB and Del (?) wanted him at C - that cost him several $MM IMO. It's the coaches job to put the players and the team in the best position to succeed.

Let's hope they figure out the various roles next year before the last three weeks of the season.

Advertisement
Congrats and best of luck to him, btw. He could have turned tail and packed it in after the failed starter experiment, but he fought hard and had some stellar appearances in relief in high leverage situations.
I think extremely high of him after this year. I thought he was terrible as a starter and a closer the 4 years prior. Pitched his tail end off to end this season

When did he say that? And again just bc he wants to start, doesn’t mean he can or should. I don’t see his stuff playing more than a couple innings at a time. I would be shocked if he could get through an order twice.
He needs a third pitch to start. I know he wants to start because I know people in the program who have told me that. Gino would probably indulge him so he doesn't enter the portal.

Advertisement
Good news for us. Gage Ziehl turns down the Cubs after being drafted in the 11th round and will attend Miami. Gino deserves criticism for a lot of things, but he's done a great job these past few years getting recruits to choose Miami over signing.

Is it Gino convincing him or the kid's handlers/parents?

Good news for us. Gage Ziehl turns down the Cubs after being drafted in the 11th round and will attend Miami. Gino deserves criticism for a lot of things, but he's done a great job these past few years getting recruits to choose Miami over signing.

Sounds like a mature kid on top of being a talented athlete. We needed some good news.

Advertisement
Back