2021 MLB Draft Discussion

Starting to see teams use picks on high school flyers. The other Clemson football recruit, Will Taylor, was just picked. MLB.com had him as the 20th ranked prospect.

Advertisement
Curious what, if any, market there is for UDFAs post minor league contraction.

That’s it. Toral et al went undrafted. I’m disappointed for Federman. I thought he’d done enough on the Cape to warrant a late selection.

It blows my mind that Toral was one of the top prospects in the country after his junior year of high school
Was thinking the same thing - if this isn't a wake-up call on the need to get better (players and coaches), I don't know what is w the premium on power hitters in today's game.

Advertisement
And it's too late for them to enter the portal, right?
Assuming they graduated, I would think they’d be treated as grad transfers for an auto waiver like the old system but don’t quote me on that.

The undrafted guys can only sign for 20k right now. They are either coming back or transferring.

Advertisement
With some of the surprising transfers and youth Miami will have I would def like to see Federman and Gil come back...I dno about Toral bc I want to see Kayfus as the everyday 1B so if both came back I dno how that would work roster wise as only 1 could slide in to DH...

With some of the surprising transfers and youth Miami will have I would def like to see Federman and Gil come back...I dno about Toral bc I want to see Kayfus as the everyday 1B so if both came back I dno how that would work roster wise as only 1 could slide in to DH...
1B Kayfus
2B Pitelli/Izarra or whoever
SS Yoyo
3B Gil
DH Toral

?

1B Kayfus
2B Pitelli/Izarra or whoever
SS Yoyo
3B Gil
DH Toral

?
I would take that. Not sure some of the others on this board would like that defensively but i think they def need a couple veteran guys in the lineup. Still wonder where that 2019 Toral is at. If he could somehow recapture that form I'd love to have him at DH

Advertisement
Advertisement
Curious what, if any, market there is for UDFAs post minor league contraction.
Looks like teams are signing some UDFAs, although I haven’t found anyone with a reliable database of them. Should know in the next day or two if any of our players do. The newly independent Pioneer League also seems to be an option for those desperate to start a pro career.

Very Good for us Ligon didn't get picked. Irv Carter was the higher ranked prospect, but I'd take Ligon as more likely to be a good college pitcher. He's a good bet to be the midweek starter IMO.

Shifting focus, which MLB teams drafts impressed you all? Seems like the Marlins are getting strong reviews.

Advertisement
Back